Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
SSD or HDD installation?
DavidM1963 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 29, 2017 10:38 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there,

I’ve had a few issues with my HP Pavilion & Windows 10 etc. so reinstalling apps

I got a response from technical saying that I should make sure there’s enough space on the disk as buffering takes up a lot of space

I am in the process of reinstalling windows and then installing apps; so question is, should I install PD16 Ultra to my C:/ 120GB SSD with 66GB free or to my D:/ HDD with 800GB free space?

many thanks for reading this and for any suggestions

cheers,
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi there,

I’ve had a few issues with my HP Pavilion & Windows 10 etc. so reinstalling apps

I got a response from technical saying that I should make sure there’s enough space on the disk as buffering takes up a lot of space

I am in the process of reinstalling windows and then installing apps; so question is, should I install PD16 Ultra to my C:/ 120GB SSD with 66GB free or to my D:/ HDD with 800GB free space?

cheers,
If you got a 256 GB SSD, that would solve your space problem. SSD drive is so much faster that a standard Hard Drive. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

DavidM1963 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 29, 2017 10:38 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi there,

cheers,
If you got a 256 GB SSD, that would solve your space problem. SSD drive is so much faster that a standard Hard Drive.

Hi,

thanks for your response; but I've got the 120GB SSD installed in my laptop and not inclined to start changing it as I can just see problems!

I acknowledge the speed differential, but my worry was that installing on the SSD would give issues with the buffer use of memory and thought that installing on the HDD would provide ample memory for the buffer

or is there a way where you can install the app on the SDD and have the buffer memory on the HDD?

cheers,
GGRussell [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jan 08, 2012 11:38 Messages: 709 Offline
[Post New]
I think Power Director uses the Temp folder as definited by the system which can be easily changed by the user. I have an older 120GB SSD just for Windows temp files and newer 256GB SSD for my OS and programs.

I also moved Documents, Pictures, Music, Movies folders to a slower HHD. That frees up a ton of space on boot drive.

Ifyou don't know how to move these folders or change Win Temp, just Google it. Very easy to do. Intel i7 4770k, 16GB, GTX1060 3GB, Two 240GB SSD, 4TB HD, Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder, Sony SLT-A65VK for still images, Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Gary Russell -- TN USA