Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Selective Export/ Produce feature and 24fps exports
[Post New]
Hello,

Is there a way to export only the selected clips in the timeline?

(or Produce?)

The "Produce Movie" Feature seems to export the entire time line.

The only option available for "Export" in Power Director 16 is "Write to DV tape" which seems to have severe limitations.

Also, the footage from my 360 camera is in 24fps.

There is currently no options for this cinema standard currrently, can I install a codec to have this option, or is it being limited by the program?

Thanks.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

(or Produce?)

The only option available for "Export" in Power Director 16 is "Write to DV tape" which seems to have severe limitations.

There is currently no options for this cinema standard currrently, can I install a codec to have this option, or is it being limited by the program?

Thanks.
You can use the orange range finder on the side of the cursor to select a range, then you have the option of "Produce Range".

Produce Range must select a continuous section. If the clips are separated, then you produce each section separately. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Quote Hello,

(or Produce?)

Thanks.
You can use the orange range finder on the side of the cursor to select a range, then you have the option of "Produce Range".

Produce Range must select a continuous section. If the clips are separated, then you produce each section separately.

Ahh, yes I see it, thank you very much sir! I would have never known to look there! (Well I'm sure it was in the manual that I missed)

I found a sort of "work around" that was to open a "New Workspace" and paste in the desired tracks.

I don't reccomend this, it has many drawbacks.

But do you know what the real purpose of the "Workspace" is?

(I assume it's a space to work. .. on someting . . ??)

Also, I've not discovered how to navigate back and forth from a work space, I assume this is possible, does anyone know how?

Thanks!
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

(or Produce?)

Thanks.

Produce Range must select a continuous section. If the clips are separated, then you produce each section separately.

Ahh, yes I see it, thank you very much sir! I would have never known to look there! (Well I'm sure it was in the manual that I missed)

I found a sort of "work around" that was to open a "New Workspace" and paste in the desired tracks.

Also, I've not discovered how to navigate back and forth from a work space, I assume this is possible, does anyone know how?

Thanks!
File > New Workspace removes all of the items on the timeline and gives you a clean space, it does not remove the items in the library. It is usefull if you want to get a clean 'workspace'.

Copy and paste in a new workspace is a older method of producing a section of the timeline. PD 12 or PD13 (I don't remember which) introduced the ability to select a section of the timeline then produce it.

If you want to be able to switch between projects, first save a project file of the complete timeline (as is). Copy the sections you want in the new project/Workspace, Use File > New Workspace, Paste the copied files into the timeline.

Save a project file of that timeline. You can the load the project you wish. (Load the complete project make any copies you want). Repeat for as many times as you need.

It is much easier to use Orange range finder then Produce Range.

With the Orange range finder, you can work on the same timeline and produce as many sections you want (one at a time). Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Quote Hello,

(or Produce?)

Thanks.

Thanks!
File > New Workspace removes all of the items on the timeline and gives you a clean space, it does not remove the items in the library. It is usefull if you want to get a clean 'workspace'.

Copy and paste in a new workspace is a older method of producing a section of the timeline. PD 12 or PD13 (I don't remember which) introduced the ability to select a section of the timeline then produce it.

If you want to be able to switch between projects, first save a project file of the complete timeline (as is). Copy the sections you want in the new project/Workspace, Use File > New Workspace, Paste the copied files into the timeline.

Save a project file of that timeline. You can the load the project you wish. (Load the complete project make any copies you want). Repeat for as many times as you need.

With the Orange range finder, you can work on the same timeline and produce as many sections you want (one at a time).

So the method I was using was actually the original way to export sections?

Wow.

Yes the method you showed me is definately better.

I am struggling to see why the "new workspace" remains in the program now?

Is it just a way to fork your project with the ability to bring in only the necessary items from the original?

If so I take it it only works one way and you must have the mind to "Copy" all you will need to bring any work with you?

(except for the items in the shared library of course)

After creating a new workspace (and saving the old project) you must work on both projects seperately?

I believe you can only have one instance of the PD program open at a time.

If so, is the only way to move timeline work between projects the:

1) copy timeline items 2) open new file/workspace 3) paste items into timeline

. . method the only way to move work between projects?

Thanks!
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

(or Produce?)

Thanks.

Thanks!

With the Orange range finder, you can work on the same timeline and produce as many sections you want (one at a time).

So the method I was using was actually the original way to export sections?

Wow.

Yes the method you showed me is definately better.

I am struggling to see why the "new workspace" remains in the program now?

Is it just a way to fork your project with the ability to bring in only the necessary items from the original?

If so I take it it only works one way and you must have the mind to "Copy" all you will need to bring any work with you?

(except for the items in the shared library of course)

After creating a new workspace (and saving the old project) you must work on both projects seperately?

I believe you can only have one instance of the PD program open at a time.

If so, is the only way to move timeline work between projects the:

1) copy timeline items 2) open new file/workspace 3) paste items into timeline

. . method the only way to move work between projects?

Thanks!
Depending on what you actually want to do, You can insert a project into the current project.

Located at File > Insert Project. First move your cursor to the point you want to insert.

PowerDirector is pretty darn versatile, you are only limited by your own imagination. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.