Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
View Designer Playback speed control
[Post New]
I like the implementation of the View Designer to add keyframes to my 360 Video.

I do not see a feature that allows me to control the playback speed while I'm adding the keyframes in this window.

Is there a way to do this that I have missed?

If not Please take this as a feature request for a future update. Most NLE's have this feature.

Also I've noticed while directing the view from one keyframe to the next, sometimes the program will not allow be to adjust a certain range or position.

Perhaps this is a limitation to prevent jerky transitions?

If not then this is a bug, I can provide details if you would like to trouble shoot this.

Thanks.
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Josh,

First off I want to be sure that you understand that the View Designer actually converts 360 video to a regular/conventional 2D video. I ask this because you said "add keyframes to my 360 Video."

Once you add your keyframes and select what direction you want to camera to face for them, you close the View Designer and the converted video is on the timeline. Once on the timeline, you can then change the video speed where ever you want in the video in Power Tools.

Note that there is the "ease in/out" option in the View Designer does affect the added keyframes. Not sure if that is helpful and what you are asking for. Let me know.

For your other issue, I am not sure exactly what you mean. Can you explain more and see if you can duplicate with the sample 360 clip? Screen shots would be a plus!

David
[Post New]
Quote Hello Josh,

First off I want to be sure that you understand that the View Designer actually converts 360 video to a regular/conventional 2D video. I ask this because you said "add keyframes to my 360 Video."

Once you add your keyframes and select what direction you want to camera to face for them, you close the View Designer and the converted video is on the timeline. Once on the timeline, you can then change the video speed where ever you want in the video in Power Tools.

Note that there is the "ease in/out" option in the View Designer does affect the added keyframes. Not sure if that is helpful and what you are asking for. Let me know.

For your other issue, I am not sure exactly what you mean. Can you explain more and see if you can duplicate with the sample 360 clip? Screen shots would be a plus!

David

Sure, Here is a video showing the bugs and my feature requests:

PC processor cut out of the video:

"Intel Core i7-3770K @3.50GHz"

Feature requests are:

-Open program directly into your project (not necessarily your last project, I know about the setting for this already availible)

Or "recent projects" from splash screen.

-Mouse Scroll wheel sensitivity setting.

-Request for playback speed inside the "View Designer" (adjustment to playback slower while insering keyframes for the view)

-Is there a playback audio setting?

*Bug shown in View Designer to adjust direction of view.

*Bug shown where srolling affects X and Y settings (related to bug above)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 30. 2017 20:07

CLD [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,

Great video and explanation.

For your feature requests, post them in the suggestions for PowerDirector 17 here for them to be seen by the CyberLink. Better do it right away, since I think the deadline for requests is actually today.

For the View Designer bug, I suggest contacting technical support:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

We can't help you here, but submitting a ticket, the YouTube video, your DXDiag.txt file, and the video clip you use in the video would be extrememly helpful to them.

For the speed issue in your video, you are meaning how quickly the camera turns? I would think putting the keyframes closer together would help solve this.

The other way is to adjust the video speed in Power Tools after converting to 2D.

The audio can be adjusted in the Audio mix room, or intrack on the timeline using volume keyframes.

David
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

Great video and explanation.

For your feature requests, post them in the suggestions for PowerDirector 17 here for them to be seen by the CyberLink. Better do it right away, since I think the deadline for requests is actually today.

For the View Designer bug, I suggest contacting technical support:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

We can't help you here, but submitting a ticket, the YouTube video, your DXDiag.txt file, and the video clip you use in the video would be extrememly helpful to them.

For the speed issue in your video, you are meaning how quickly the camera turns? I would think putting the keyframes closer together would help solve this.

The other way is to adjust the video speed in Power Tools after converting to 2D.

The audio can be adjusted in the Audio mix room, or intrack on the timeline using volume keyframes.

David

I got some technical issues to report:

This forum has the worst hosting servers I've ever seen!
(and I've seen some bad ones!)

The pages load at a snails pace at all hours of the day, and the difficulty I had posting to the Feature request forum defies all explanation!

I tried making the post legible 3 times before I gave up!

Terrible, just terrible.

I generated a DXDiag file, but I've run out of time and resources to do anything today, I'll see if I can give it a shot tomorrow.

Seriously, you need to fire your hosting service!
CLD [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Josh,

I re-read what you said about the playback speed:

"I do not see a feature that allows me to control the playback speed while I'm adding the keyframes in this window. "

I misunderstood this, thought you were talking about adjusting the final output video speed. I believe the way it is designed is that users would pause the video when adding and adjusting the keyframes. You can use the previous frame/next frame buttons to pick the exact moment you want to add the keyframe. You can also click and drag each keyframe when it is paused to put it in the exact position you want.

David
[Post New]
Quote Hi Josh,

I re-read what you said about the playback speed:

"I do not see a feature that allows me to control the playback speed while I'm adding the keyframes in this window. "

I misunderstood this, thought you were talking about adjusting the final output video speed. I believe the way it is designed is that users would pause the video when adding and adjusting the keyframes. You can use the previous frame/next frame buttons to pick the exact moment you want to add the keyframe. You can also click and drag each keyframe when it is paused to put it in the exact position you want.

David

Hello David,

Yes, you got it right this time about my meaning, this was what I meant also about the volume, not of the final output volume, but just the volume while you edit.

I am aware of the methods you listed above, and I used them in the project you see in the video, however they are sufficient only in theory, and not in practice.

I'll tell you why.

The bigest reason is that if you have tried editing large size videos in high resoloution, or preform complicated opperations with even standard HD video you will see that the program struggles to play back the video correctly and smoothly.

(This is even the case when you scale down the preview output and lower settings)

You can see, even in my video that the video does NOT play back smoothly and the audio is out of sync (sometimes it's severely out of sync)

For this reason it makes it nearly impractical to scrub back and forth like you would expect (and you suggest above) to make accureate precise edits, that will output the way you want after rendering.

When making edits in this mode, you want to effect the "flow" of the video.

This is dependent on context, what comes before and after, to design the "feel" of the entire video.

You simply cannot do this with choppy playback, and it results in much trial and error and unecessary re-edits that makes the program a pain to use.

(seriously, this is more painful than it needs to be, which is why other NLE's include this feature)

I hope I have illustrated this sufficiently, we really, really , really need a way to play back the video slowly and smoothly in order to make quality adjustments. Also a speed up function would be somewhat helpful when you do not wish to watch long clips in real time when making these type of edits.

Reason 2)

Related to the first reason slow replay is needed is due to computer speed.

I am using a very powerful PC 32GB or RAM (yest 32GB!) with fast SSD, CPU, and Graphics cards.

And the program runs into trouble playing back smootly for me!

Many of your customers are on tablets and laptops, the performance will get much, much worse.

A "slow down" rendering feature will give slower hardware time to render intense video clips, and make it usable when it is just frustraiting in full speed.

Like I said, other Non-Linear Editors use this feature for good reason, I was actually surprised that power director did not have it.

I tried to convey this idea in my post on the Wish List forum, hopefully it was clear enough for them to understand my request.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 01. 2017 10:33