Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Intel UHD Graphics 630 (new Intel Core i7 8700) fully supported ??!
blasiusxx [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 12, 2011 09:44 Messages: 330 Offline
[Post New]
I built a new system together. Based on the new Intel Coffe Lake CPU Core i7 8700, with integrated Intel UHD Graphics 630.

Windows 10 Fall Creator Update is up to date. Also, the official Intel driver for the iGPU is installed (15.47.02.4815).

However, PD15 and PD16 are not working properly at all. The two Power Director versions are on the current patch stand. PD16 I have even installed the latest beta patch.

The preview in the timeline hangs constantly, and the image flickers constantly, or momentarily goes black, and the software is not operable. Timeline playback stops or programs hang.

Furthermore, creating a BD disc is not possible because an error code is constantly being output. There are different error codes, including "eC0030106".

Is the new iGPU not supported properly yet? Before with the iGPU Intel HD Graphics 530 everything ran smoothly.

Hardware acceleration in the menu is switched on.

I also need the iGPU to encode, since I use clips from a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, which are recorded with 60fps. Otherwise, a BD in 60i just looks bad.

Rendered with the iGPU, the result is much better.

I just hope that the Intel UHD Graphics 630 is just too new, and I hope that it is because of it and you bring out a patch for PD15 and PD16.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
104 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
560 time(s)
[Thumb - Error.jpg]
 Filename
Error.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
31 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
66 time(s)
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Given the newness of the system, and that this is a member to member forum, you may not get many responses.

I would suggest that you raise the issue with Technical Support as the quickest way to get an answer?

It would be good to get any feedback so that other members will be up to date.

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
blasiusxx [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanky you,

could have been that someone similar hardware with the same problems here.

yesterday i send an email to support. Look what's happen...

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 07. 2017 05:24

Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
No solution but an observation:

I have an I7 7700HQ with HD 630. PD 16 works fine for me. Comparing your
DxDiag file with mine, I see that drivers and other versions (windows) are the
same. The HD and the UHD are the same so Intel tells us, the UHD but
"clocked slightly higher". One would assume that the thing would work
for you.

I guess that you have tried to run with the acceleration switch off too?

I don’t have experiences with PD making BR disks. I use DVD architect to
create DVDs and Blu-ray, which gives me a bit more flexibility. If you search
for the error code you mention, it appears that the same code was reported for
PD11. Maybe look at the suggestions made, like update the firmware of your burner
and some work arounds.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 07. 2017 14:39

blasiusxx [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes, i've tested all. With and without acceleration. New Install of Windows and PD16. With and without patches. Windows and playback runs smoothly with other software. Nothing changes in PD16 (and in 15, too). BD Disc Creating impossible with Errors (see above), black screens with flickering, and playback of the clips in the timeline stops and go on, every few seconds.

I think it's not the same 630 HD...I think the Intel UHD 630 is not fully supported at the moment.

Hope this could be solved asap. Have told it to support.

Edit: with the newest Intel Driver from today same issues.

In addition, PowerDVD 17 Ultra does not work properly with the iGPU (Intel UHD Graphics 630). With a BD Iso (AVC HD H.264) or the playback of a BDMV folder, the software always crashes.

The picture briefly turns black, and the next moment PowerDVD freezes. The sound continues in the background, you have to "kill" two tasks from PowerDVD, so then really the software is finished.

I have no problems with any other video (encoding) software, except for all installed Cyberlink products. And that with the new Intel UHD 630 (Intel Core i7 8700).

Otherwise the system runs absolutely stable with all benchmark tests. Either it is an Intel driver question, or else - as I suspect - the Cyberlink PD15,16 software and PowerDVD17 still need to be made compatible.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 08. 2017 17:01

kuhlmanck [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 10, 2017 14:31 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Intel says that the 'difference' between HD630 and UHD630 are in name only. Same hardware.
blasiusxx [Avatar]
[Post New]
Intel can say a lot when the day is long.

A small incompatibility can have a big impact. I'll wait and see what Cyberlink does.

It is somehow conspicuous that makes me only Cyberlink software hassles with the new iGPU. And I've also installed quite a few, other video suites and coding software. There are no issues like this.
AlS
Senior Member Location: South Africa Joined: Sep 23, 2014 18:07 Messages: 290 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I built a new system together. Based on the new Intel Coffe Lake CPU Core i7 8700, with integrated Intel UHD Graphics 630.

I'm planning the same build for 4k with the 8700K - would appreciate your feedback on PDR16 4K performance and the 630 iGPU.
Thanks

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Dec 16. 2017 03:54

Power Director 13&14 Ultimate, Photo Director 6, Audio Dir, Pwr2Go 10
Win 10 64, Intel MB DH87MC, Intel i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 16Gb DDR3 1600, 128Gb SSD, 2x1Tb WDBlue 7200rpmSATA6, Intel 4600 GPU, Gigabyte G1 GTX960 4GB, LG BluRay Writer
AlS
Senior Member Location: South Africa Joined: Sep 23, 2014 18:07 Messages: 290 Offline
[Post New]
]
Quote I built a new system together. Based on the new Intel Coffe Lake CPU Core i7 8700, with integrated Intel UHD Graphics 630.

Full power of 630 iGPU started with the 7th Gen Kaby Lake CPUs. The issue becomes confusing as GPU benchmarks use gaming which is very different to and hence low benchmaks vs expensive discrete GPu cards. The 630 has powerful media capabilities when working with 4K H.264/265. These highly compressed formats save space on cameras but are difficult to decompress for timeline editing.
Professional NLEs like MAGIX who now own Sony Vegas, and Edius have added support and DaVinci Resolve are will be adding it soon. 4K H.265 offers better quality at the same bitrate and half the file seize of H.264, It is gaining popularity as high quality camera capture format in DJi Drones and the Pana GH5 - but needs 10X more compute power to decode for edit than H.264. H.265 is predicted to be the broadcast format for 4K TV due to bandwith savings.

How Magix Made 4K 360 Video Editing Swift and Easy | Intel® Software
https://software.intel.com/en-us/videos/how-magix-made-4k-360-video-editing-swift-and-easy

Here is a breakdown of 630 iGPU capabilities
The Kaby Lake-U/Y GPU - Media Capabilities - Intel Launches 7th Generation Kaby Lake: 15W/28W with Iris, 35-91W Desktop and Mobile Xeon
http://www.anandtech.com/show/10959/intel-launches-7th-generation-kaby-lake-i7-7700k-i5-7600k-i3-7350k/6

The older 4000 series of Intel Graphics has been supported via QuickSync Video (QSV) has been supported by PDR for many years as an option for hardware accelerated render but I stopped using it in PDR14 as there were known quality issues and the slower software render produced better results.

630 iGPU has fixed the quality issues and has several other powerful features including HDR 10 bit color support and:
"The major feature change in the Kaby Lake-U/Y media engine is the availability of full hardware acceleration for encode and decode of 4K HEVC Main10 profile videos.
The QuickSync block also gets a few updates to improve quality further, and AVC encode performance also receives a boost.
Intel claims that Kaby Lake-U/Y can handle up to eight 4Kp30 AVC and HEVC decodes simultaneously.
HEVC decode support is rated at 4Kp60 up to 120 Mbps (especially helpful for premium content playback and Ultra HD Blu-ray).
The Video Quality Engine also receives some tweaks for HDR and Wide Color Gamut (Rec.2020) support. Real-time HEVC 4Kp30 encode" Al

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Dec 16. 2017 04:13

Power Director 13&14 Ultimate, Photo Director 6, Audio Dir, Pwr2Go 10
Win 10 64, Intel MB DH87MC, Intel i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 16Gb DDR3 1600, 128Gb SSD, 2x1Tb WDBlue 7200rpmSATA6, Intel 4600 GPU, Gigabyte G1 GTX960 4GB, LG BluRay Writer
blasiusxx [Avatar]
[Post New]
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27355/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-60-?product=126790

The Newest Driver solved most of the problems. Have the issues communicate to Intel, and after 3 weeks now all runs smoothly (Exceptly 1080 50i Interlaced Playback with PowerDVD 17 (with iGPU Hardware) , that plays only with 25 FPS instead of 50 FPS).

Here's the Intel Thread: https://communities.intel.com/thread/119298

Until Cyberlink itself does something, it can usually last for months or nothing happens. As it often happens. As my experience, many errors simply can not be fixed, or Cyberlink does not communicate reasonably with the graphics card developers.

In the end, I do not care, currently the most important works again.
blasiusxx [Avatar]
[Post New]
Please Delete...Sorry for Double Post.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 16. 2017 11:53