Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
hotkey issue
Ryanthefro [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 27, 2017 11:35 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I'm having a rough time trying to create a hotkey to change video speed in PowerDirector 15. Even if the hotkey just brought me to the video speed menu, that would be a big improvement. However, I would prefer to be able to select a clip and then hit alt+ or alt- (or whatever) to change its speed. So far it seems like this is not possible in PD15. I do a lot of speed changes, so it would save me tons of time to be able to put a hotkey like this in.

Thanks in advance.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi, I'm having a rough time trying to create a hotkey to change video speed in PowerDirector 15. Even if the hotkey just brought me to the video speed menu, that would be a big improvement. However, I would prefer to be able to select a clip and then hit alt+ or alt- (or whatever) to change its speed. So far it seems like this is not possible in PD15. I do a lot of speed changes, so it would save me tons of time to be able to put a hotkey like this in.

Thanks in advance.

Do you really need a hot key to speed up a clip? Just highlight the clip, hold down the control key and drag the clip from the right to slow it down. The clip should be longer than the original. To speed it up Use the Control key and drag from right side to left so it looks smaller. Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Ryanthefro [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 27, 2017 11:35 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi, I'm having a rough time trying to create a hotkey to change video speed in PowerDirector 15. Even if the hotkey just brought me to the video speed menu, that would be a big improvement. However, I would prefer to be able to select a clip and then hit alt+ or alt- (or whatever) to change its speed. So far it seems like this is not possible in PD15. I do a lot of speed changes, so it would save me tons of time to be able to put a hotkey like this in.

Thanks in advance.

Do you really need a hot key to speed up a clip? Just highlight the clip, hold down the control key and drag the clip from the right to slow it down. The clip should be longer than the original. To speed it up Use the Control key and drag from right side to left so it looks smaller.

Yep, that's all I was looking for. Thanks, I figured it had to be simple, but I searched everywhere and couldn't find it. I appreciate it.
Micheil [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 02, 2012 17:22 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]

Yep, that's all I was looking for. Thanks, I figured it had to be simple, but I searched everywhere and couldn't find it. I appreciate it.

I wanted the same thing or rather a way to apply multiple speed adjustments to many or all clips. I'm shooting in 60 fps and want to slow every clip to half speed. Want it to transition to exactly 30p slow things look smooth it's too difficult trying to figure exactly what that is while dragging the clip to make it longer.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]

I wanted the same thing or rather a way to apply multiple speed adjustments to many or all clips. I'm shooting in 60 fps and want to slow every clip to half speed. Want it to transition to exactly 30p slow things look smooth it's too difficult trying to figure exactly what that is while dragging the clip to make it longer.

If this doesn't work for you I would suggest you start a new thread as not too many will view this one now.

However, to obtain accurate changes in video speed use Power Tools (in "Tools"just above the timeline). Firstly, highlight your clip and then click on Tools - Power Tools. Once in Power Tools click on video speed. You should now use the speed multiplier and select 0.5

If you highlight the clips you want to change before opening Power Tools speed changer, the change will be made to them all.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 26. 2018 08:34

Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,