Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Pop up states no tools available with color replacement
CharlesDallas [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 07, 2009 15:27 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
While trying to replace a dancing santa's red suit with a blue suit, I get a pop up "hint" stating that motion tracking tools are not available when replacing a color.

Since the red suit is rgb 255,0,0 I cannot use any of the sliders shown in the tutorials to change the color to blue rgb 0,0,255

I have use the selection tools to mask the suit, then replace red with blue, but whenever motion tracking goes out of "sync", the movie stops and the pop up emerges.

Thoughts? Work-a-rounds?

Charles

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 24. 2017 16:29

[Post New]
Hello Charles,

Welcome to the ColorDirector forum laughing

Just now I tried to replicate what you've done (even used a dancing "Santa"), but I didn't get any alerts as you did.

First I set the mask on Santa's red suit then used motion tracking to track the suit. After some correction (some of the other red-suited gentlemen wanted to switch to blue too), the motion tracking was set.

With the mask active (coloured dot), I scrolled down to Color Replacement to set the colours. Though the result wasn't perfect, I had no errors during the process. The attached screenshot partially explains.

Perhaps you could share some further details.

PIX
[Thumb - CDR_Color Replace Tracking Mask.jpg]
 Filename
CDR_Color Replace Tracking Mask.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
574 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
32 time(s)
PIX YouTube channel
CharlesDallas [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 07, 2009 15:27 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
PIX,

Since my post, I imported the mp4 file into Photoshop and changed color frame by frame for 25 seconds.

Had to move along with the project. I will circle back to the ColorDirector trial and let you know what I find. Maybe it's the trial version that does this????

Charles

Quote Hello Charles,

Welcome to the ColorDirector forum laughing

Just now I tried to replicate what you've done (even used a dancing "Santa"), but I didn't get any alerts as you did.

First I set the mask on Santa's red suit then used motion tracking to track the suit. After some correction (some of the other red-suited gentlemen wanted to switch to blue too), the motion tracking was set.

With the mask active (coloured dot), I scrolled down to Color Replacement to set the colours. Though the result wasn't perfect, I had no errors during the process. The attached screenshot partially explains.

Perhaps you could share some further details.

PIX