Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
unlink link audio video flaw/bug, tools unavailable!!
rhodymark [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 23, 2017 17:40 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hey Guys

This is my first post, just started using PD15 yesterday (I used to have PD8 and finally upgraded my computer and program for a project).

Anyways, my new project showed me a flaw/bug in PD, I googled it and that is how it was described. I was replacing original audio tracks with one single master audio clip for a few video clips from different cameras . The audio on a few cameras was terrible, so I wanted one good audio track for all video clips for continuity. I would then edit these upgraded clips to one video. Everything went fine at the start. I unlinked, synched audio/video to master audio, replaced audio and then relinked video to the new master audio. But then after I relinked, all tools diappeared!!

I freaked because this task is why I upgraded. I googled the issue and found that this is a "bug or flaw" of PD. Once you unlink and relink video/audio tracks and work on them, I guess they really are not relinked, because PD treats them differently after that.

But, when I went back and unlinked the master audio from video the tools do reappear. So I dont think this is the catastrophe I initially thought it was. But it seems it will take more time as a workaround. To me, this is an unusual, seemingly simple problem that should have been corrected a long time ago.

Any thoughts? I am surprised this issue still exists in PD 15 because when I googled it, this issue has been known for a long time.

Thanks from a newbie!
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

Have you downloaded the latest patch? https://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_en_US.html If not, give it a try.

The latest is 2820. Click on PowerDirector to see what your is, Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,