Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can I use the same video on 3 tracks but cropped differently in Multicam Designer
FrancoisT [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 26, 2010 15:03 Messages: 115 Offline
[Post New]
I'm switching from Vegas. I'm really a beginner using Cyberlink so thanks for some tips while I get started.

I've got a simple setup of two musicians playing. Instead of individually cropping every time I switch from one to the other, or both together I thought I would copy the video onto two additiional tracks and crop them. I had hoped to then go to multicam designer and just pick from the 3. Now I don't see any way to do this since it only wants to chose from videos in the media room or hard drive. Is there a way to use what I guess are called alieses in the multicam designer? Or another way to accomplish the same thing without having to individually crop each little bit? Thanks
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Francois -

Yes you can.

What you need to do first is import your video, set up the crop you want, then produce to create a "new" video. Repeat that for your other cropped version, so you now have 3 videos each with the same audio.

In the attached screenshot, that's what's been done (except that I started with 2 camera shoots & cropped both).

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - MultiCam Crops.png]
 Filename
MultiCam Crops.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
704 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
32 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
FrancoisT [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 26, 2010 15:03 Messages: 115 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Francois -

Yes you can.

What you need to do first is import your video, set up the crop you want, then produce to create a "new" video. Repeat that for your other cropped version, so you now have 3 videos each with the same audio.

In the attached screenshot, that's what's been done (except that I started with 2 camera shoots & cropped both).

Cheers - Tony

Thanks for your reply and picture of how you do it. It's kind of cumbersome (I'm sitting waiting on one track to process now) but I'm going to give it a try.