Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Surprised that PD is no longer the fastest
pmikep [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Nov 26, 2016 22:51 Messages: 285 Offline
[Post New]
Interesting to see in the PC Mag review that PD 16 is no longer the fastest when it comes to rendering time. (See the Moderator's Sticky above about the PC Mag review.)

Although, to be fair, we don't know anything about the Image Quality or file size for the Winning product. (Who knows, like that one company who cheated on diesel emissions in the States, the Winners might have purposely chosen a fast, almost no compression default encoder setting optimized for Magazine tests.)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 07. 2017 19:29

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi pmikep -

I just (kinda) replicated the rendering test in the PCMagazine article, except with a different PC (obviously) & different software.

I used 4 mixed clips, as they did in their test - UHD, 1080p, 720p & SD - with a total duration of 5 min - rendered to AVC H.264 MP4 1920x1080/30p @ 16Mbps.

Personally, I couldn't care less about rendering speed, but PDR came out a good way ahead.

• PDR16 = 2:25

• Premiere Pro CC 2017 = 3:19

• VEGAS Pro = 4:49

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
pmikep [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Nov 26, 2016 22:51 Messages: 285 Offline
[Post New]
I wish that PCMag posted a link to the reviewer's test file, so we could verify his results ourselves.

I care about speed because I'm the impatient type. (Am waiting for a CPU-bound render to finish now.) I would try the Winning software. But, forunately for CL, Corel does not offer a free trial of this particular editor.