Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
When does powerdirector use the video card for encoding?
Hamltnblue [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 11, 2015 09:52 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I encoded a 27 minute 4k movie and uploaded to youtube. It took 3 hours to encode.

I noticed that the program was using the CPU only. The GPU wasn't being used. I verified the settings.

I have an intel 7770k CPU with GTX 1080ti GPU.

Is there a reason it wouldn't use the GPU?

Thanks
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
We need more information to offer a guess or guidance.

• Original format from what camera?

• Are there FX and color fixes and alot of motion/action?

• Did you encode your movie, THEN upload using your own sign-in (not within PD)?

• Did you encode your movie and upload it all at the same time within PD?

Not all formats are supported by all video cards. It gets very complex (in my mind) what formats under what conditions, and settings and is it a notebook is it a Haswell is it Ivy Bridge do you have multiple monitors and how are they plugged in?

A DXdiag would be a helpful bit of information, please attach. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
GGRussell [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jan 08, 2012 11:38 Messages: 709 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have an intel 7770k CPU with GTX 1080ti GPU.
Your i7 Kaby lake desktop processor with the 1080ti should be burning through render. But as Barry stated, it depends on the output format. H264 MP4 or MKV should be fairly fast. HEVC H265 would be slower. Intel i7 4770k, 16GB, GTX1060 3GB, Two 240GB SSD, 4TB HD, Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder, Sony SLT-A65VK for still images, Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Gary Russell -- TN USA