Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Filename Changing in List View
[Post New]
Another "curious" problem (sigh!). For now, to deal with the problem of subtitles than won't shut off in my .iso video files, I also ripped the offending movies (three, so far) to .mp4 files. When ripping the .mp4s, I changed the original file names to the name of the movies plus DVD and the file number of the disc. The new titles show up correctly in TV Mode and the Folder View in PC Mode but, when I switch to List View in PC Mode, the correct file name will show for a second then will switch back to the original filename. Switching to Folder View or to TV Mode still fix the problem but switching back to List Viewt in PC Mode cause the filename to change again. I can actually watch it change from the corrected filename to the old one. What the heck? Why does it do this and, more importantly, can this be fixed? Jeannie
[Post New]
Nevermind. I came up with a workaround to this problem. Instead of making .mp4s, I'm making .iso files of just the movie itself for the few movies that PowerDVD insists on playing with subtitles until that problem can get fixed, if ever, judging from the flood of responses I'm getting in that post (/sarcasm). Jeannie
triffid
Member Location: Prague, the heart of Europe Joined: Feb 04, 2017 06:33 Messages: 146 Offline
[Post New]
Quote subtitles than won't shut off in my .iso video files

In the other thread you mentioned DVDs. I thought you were talking about physical discs. If you mean .iso DVDs instead, then the ripping software may cause the problem. The settings of the ripping software can also modify the default Audio/subs tracks without even letting you know (as well as removing certain tracks). This would explain why you are experiencing this with several discs at once.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 02. 2017 16:03

FOR THE LIST OF ULTRA HD BLU-RAY COMPATIBLE MOTHERBOARDS CLICK HERE
My hardware: Aorus Z270X Gaming 8 motherboard + i7 7700 CPU + Pioneer BDR-S11J-BK
[Post New]
Quote subtitles than won't shut off in my .iso video files

In the other thread you mentioned DVDs. I thought you were talking about physical discs. If you mean .iso DVDs instead, then the ripping software may cause the problem. The settings of the ripping software can also modify the default Audio/subs tracks without even letting you know (as well as removing certain tracks). This would explain why you are experiencing this with several discs at once.

Reread the first post in the other thread. I had the problem with both the original discs and their .iso files so the problem isn't in the ripping software. The settings of the ripping software weren't changed. The fact that I had three in a row was a fluke because it has happened three other times as well at random. Also, this happens ONLY in PowerDVD 17. Other viewers, such as VLC, do not have this problem. Those six disks and their ISOs play just fine in VLC.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 03. 2017 13:14

Jeannie