Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
4K Dead Horse? CL please read and please comment.
Eugen157
Senior Contributor Location: Palm Springs area, So.CA Joined: Dec 10, 2012 13:57 Messages: 662 Offline
[Post New]
Looks like I am beating a dead horse, but here goes.

As I see it:

There must be 20 or more editing programs competing with PD. Justifiably, PD has consistently appeared in the top 3. That is mostly due to incorporating innovative features like 360 video in PD15, that nobody else had at the time.

I too joined PD because of these innovations, namely shadow files, something that Pinnacle did not have at the time. This in spite of a new learning curve.

PD is now a mature product, PD16 did not generate the excitement of previous versions and many of he competitors now offer the same features to edit and produce videos.

So PD increases market share by offering their product at a very competitive price rather than past major innovations like SRVT,use of GPU for rendering, proxy editing, Blu Ray and 360 just to name a few.

Those innovations caused many editors to abandon their products and join the ranks of mostly satisfied PD users.

Why not keep that tradition alive by adding UHD, nobody else has it (yet).

A major problem is that many PD users are not aware that their PC's are fast enough to create regular UHD BR discs if they are capable of editing and burning HD BR discs, without stuttering (using shadow files). The step from HD to UHD is a small one, far less than fro SD to HD. All it takes is more processing time, NOT MORE PROCESSING POWER.

Why not make it a plug in, sold as an addition, that way only users would pay. And there must be thousands of potential PD customers that are now using competitive products, judging by the comments I read on competitors forums.

Quoting an other PD user:

Creating a compliant UHD BD structure is not a big change from normal BD. There are some headers and meta differences to allow players to know it is a UHD BD Disc and of course it will be 265 encoded ( that PD already does).

Why not be bold, do it. And see your sales skyrocket!!

So, if 4K UHD Blu Ray might be in your future, even a year from now, why not ask for it now?

Eugene

Please comment.

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Sep 21. 2017 17:26

73s, WA6JZN ex DL9GC
CYBERLINK PLEASE ADD UHD BLU RAY BURNING SOFTWARE
PD14,
Win10,64bit.CPU i7 6700,16GB ,C= 480 GB SSD ,GPU GTX1060 6GB 1 fan. Plus 3 int, 4 ext HDD's for video etc.LG WH16NS40 reads UHD.
4K 24" ViewSonic monitor.Camera Sony FDR-A
GGRussell [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jan 08, 2012 11:38 Messages: 709 Offline
[Post New]
Quote customers that are now using competitive products, judging by the comments I read on competitors forums.
I still own several video editors. Some PD add ons are even available for all the other ones, too, like NewBlue and others. Intel i7 4770k, 16GB, GTX1060 3GB, Two 240GB SSD, 4TB HD, Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder, Sony SLT-A65VK for still images, Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Gary Russell -- TN USA
bosone [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 05, 2014 05:08 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Looks like I am beating a dead horse, but here goes.

As I see it:

There must be 20 or more editing programs competing with PD. Justifiably, PD has consistently appeared in the top 3. That is mostly due to incorporating innovative features like 360 video in PD15, that nobody else had at the time.

I too joined PD because of these innovations, namely shadow files, something that Pinnacle did not have at the time. This in spite of a new learning curve.

PD is now a mature product, PD16 did not generate the excitement of previous versions and many of he competitors now offer the same features to edit and produce videos.

So PD increases market share by offering their product at a very competitive price rather than past major innovations like SRVT,use of GPU for rendering, proxy editing, Blu Ray and 360 just to name a few.

Those innovations caused many editors to abandon their products and join the ranks of mostly satisfied PD users.

Why not keep that tradition alive by adding UHD, nobody else has it (yet).

A major problem is that many PD users are not aware that their PC's are fast enough to create regular UHD BR discs if they are capable of editing and burning HD BR discs, without stuttering (using shadow files). The step from HD to UHD is a small one, far less than fro SD to HD. All it takes is more processing time, NOT MORE PROCESSING POWER.

Why not make it a plug in, sold as an addition, that way only users would pay. And there must be thousands of potential PD customers that are now using competitive products, judging by the comments I read on competitors forums.

Quoting an other PD user:

Creating a compliant UHD BD structure is not a big change from normal BD. There are some headers and meta differences to allow players to know it is a UHD BD Disc and of course it will be 265 encoded ( that PD already does).

Why not be bold, do it. And see your sales skyrocket!!

So, if 4K UHD Blu Ray might be in your future, even a year from now, why not ask for it now?

Eugene

Please comment.

... and still there is no way to organize clips in folder in the media view window. beside very small enhancement that could make video arrangement and editing a lot easier.

will upgrade from PD12 to PD16 mainly for the actino cam features (lens correction above all...) but still i think there is much more potential to exploit in this software
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
".. and still there is no way to organize clips in folder in the media view window. beside very small enhancement that could make video arrangement and editing a lot easier."

I agree that there is no "folder" system in PDR, but there is the "tag" function that enables a similar degree of organisation to be achieved and saved within each project.

tag screen

Perhaps that might help?

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator
[Thumb - tag screen.PNG]
 Filename
tag screen.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
41 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
136 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 23. 2017 05:33

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
websiteee [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 27, 2017 08:22 Messages: 72 Offline
[Post New]
Really a good stuff and software. Thank you for sharing it.