Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PiP Designer Frames?
Posse14
Newbie Location: Kalispell, Montana, USA Joined: Jun 25, 2008 16:22 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
When I modify a PiP I see several "masks" ie rectangle, heart, circle etc.
I would like to be able to design some of my own "masks" and place them in that compiltion? Any ideas? Thank You..

William Bowser
Incredible Encounters
babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
Posse14
See if this help
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/4034.page PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Making a PNG is the way to go.
For a custom frame, it's very versatile.
You can be very creative with frames.
Let's say you have a photo of a lovely lady, and you wish to have a custom frame surround the image.
Using Paint.net or Elements, you can cut out her image completely,tracing her, and place her on a transparent background. Now, if you place that image into the timeline, then add a border, the border will follow her outline.
But...alternatively
when first cutting/tracing her image, you can cut her image anywhere you like, shape of a puzzle piece, or flower, whatever.
When placed on a transparent background, then placed in the timeline, then add a border, you see again the border follows your cutlines, making the shape you chose. This can add infinite choices of frames if the inluded PD frames are unsuitable.
Sounds like work, but it's not, really. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT