Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Save an edited version of an FX?
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
I don't think this is possible but will ask in case I'm wrong. My FX track already has one FX I need for the entire length of the video. I have a 2nd effect I want on all clips, but the settings are not default, they're all custom settings for the FX. What I'm currently doing is dragging the default FX onto a clip, changing all the settings as needed - then moving on to the next clip and doing that all over again.

Especially considering this video has hundreds of clips, it would be awfully nice if I could save an edited, customized version of the effect so I only had to drag it into each clip without doing the by-hand editing over each time.

Can't be done, right?
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not sure I've understood correctly but if you are setting one item on your timeline up in a way that you want all the others to appear can you not right click on it and select "copy keyframe" and then select all the items, right click and paste keyframe?
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm not sure I've understood correctly but if you are setting one item on your timeline up in a way that you want all the others to appear can you not right click on it and select "copy keyframe" and then select all the items, right click and paste keyframe?

Well, look at that! Yes, one can indeed right click, select "copy keyframes," in this case, those customized settings I did on an FX, and then right-click to paste those keyframe settings on the next clip which has the unedited FX dragged onto it. -- I did not know this was possible before!-- Love learning something new.

The only thing that isn't possible is to select multiple clips for pasting into at a time. It's on a one clip at a time basis, but believe me, that is a huge relief after opening up the FX editing window over and over and changing those 4 parameters over and over.

So yes, Longedge, you understood me correctly. Thanks much for the assistance.
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
The way I usually select all ther items on the timeline (because I normally work with the whole timeline in view) is to point just beyond (to the right of) the last item and hold down the left mouse button then, holding the button down, move the mouse all the way to the left. You'll now see all the items are selected at which point you can paste the keyframe properties.