Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDNews Issue 5 available
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]

Hi Members,

Issue 5 of PDNews is now available.

The 360degree review didn't make it, I'm afraid - maybe the next issue.

I suspect the release of PD16 will give rise to a "PD16 special" but, like everyone else, we have no advance knowledge of dates or features etc. so we shall just have to act quickly and report as we find it.

Previous Issues can be downloaded here:

Filename
PDN Issue 5 September.pdf
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1992 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1222 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 22. 2017 13:38

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Another interesting and well-assembled collection of good stuff for PDR users. Congratulations and thank you to all involved in publication, especially Adrian.

Even though I've spent lots of hours hacking into PDR's secret folders over the years, it had never occurred to me to mess with the Blend Effects folder... so thanks for the pointers on making customised blend effects available in PDR.

I followed the instructions in PDNews Issue 5 & was partially successful. They each showed up in PDR & worked as expected, except one.

As you can see "Light Leak 02" displays with no thumbnail & has no impact on the video when applied. I'm hoping someone might be able to point me to the error of my ways.

DOH! I just went to zip the folder to post here and realised the problem. It was an extra space in the file name in the XML file.

Oh well - my blunder may help anyone else is attempting this. I'll attach a couple I made.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Burn01.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2251 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
425 time(s)
 Filename
Dirty FS.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
8563 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
403 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Another interesting and well-assembled collection of good stuff for PDR users. Congratulations and thank you to all involved in publication, especially Adrian.

Even though I've spent lots of hours hacking into PDR's secret folders over the years, it had never occurred to me to mess with the Blend Effects folder... so thanks for the pointers on making customised blend effects available in PDR.

I followed the instructions in PDNews Issue 5 & was partially successful. They each showed up in PDR & worked as expected, except one.

As you can see "Light Leak 02" displays with no thumbnail & has no impact on the video when applied. I'm hoping someone might be able to point me to the error of my ways.

DOH! I just went to zip the folder to post here and realised the problem. It was an extra space in the file name in the XML file.

Oh well - my blunder may help anyone else is attempting this. I'll attach a couple I made.

Cheers - Tony

Just keeping in the loop Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the info on the Blend effect. Something I hadn't explored all that much. But now after reading the article in this issue 5 of PD News, I see that this is a feature that warrants some further exploration on my part.

Thank you PD News contributors!

___________________________________________________________________________ Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
I'm afraid I got a bit carried away making custom blend effects, but it may be of some interest.

Since these can't be shared via DirectorZone, I zipped up the ones I've made. You can download them here. Just drop the set of sub-folders into the BlendEffect folder at C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates\PowerDirector Content Pack Premium 2\BlendEffect

Here's a short sampler. Each blend is set at 50% opacity. There's no way I'm suggesting this is an appropriate thing to do to The Great Escape!

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Moriaunder [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 07, 2019 18:17 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I tried to add multiple videos to the blending effect, but it was a real hassle to make it work. Because each file took me half an our to get it to work, I made a (Windows batch) script that prepares each video file in the same folder to be used in Powerproducer.

Instructions:

• copy/paste the script in a new text file, give it any name you like but make sure the file extension is .bat

• put every desired new blending effect videos together in one folder together with the script(file)

• run the script (double click the file)

• the script will make a new subfolder for each video. Move all these subfolders to the BlendEffect folder

Remarks:

• The script will prepare all files found in the same folder including non-video files. It doesn't have any verification or error handling. Be sure you run the script in a folder with blending movies solely annd copy only the associated subfolders

• The type of blending, opacity, etc. are static in the script, but you can always edit the .XML file afterwards if you like.

• It took quite some time to figure it out, but Powerdirector only reads the blending videos when the .XML file is Unicode encoded.

• You can find quite a few well quality (free) blending videos if you search for (free) overlay videos

The script:

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Jun 10. 2019 17:32