Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
YouCam
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,

Is anyone having problems with their built in webcam after a Windows 10 update?

I have tried all suggestions from Microsoft to no avail and would appreciate any assistance I am ready to throw my laptop out the window lol

Thanks Anita
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

I have tried all suggestions from Microsoft to no avail and would appreciate any assistance I am ready to throw my laptop out the window lol

Thanks Anita

I have a Logitec Web Cam and I've had no problems. Did you check to see if there were new drivers for your webcam? Even if there is no new drivers, perhaps a reinstall of the old one would help. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
Hello Anita,

When you open YouCam on your laptop (before you throw it out the window) & go to Settings (the cog wheel), is your inbuilt webcam listed?

e.g. my laptop says "USB2.0 UVC HD Webcam".

I'll move this thread to the (correct) YouCam forum.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

Thanks Anita

I have a Logitec Web Cam and I've had no problems. Did you check to see if there were new drivers for your webcam? Even if there are no new drivers, perhaps a reinstall of the old one would help.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for trying to help me yes I did everything the way Microsoft told me too and ended up accidentally deleting my webcam [YouCam from the installed programs list] as you can guess I will not be following their instructions again.

I downloaded and installed YouCam 7 for my laptop and I'm pretty happy with that.

Thanks again cheers, Anita.
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello Anita,

When you open YouCam on your laptop (before you throw it out the window) & go to Settings (the cog wheel), is your in-built webcam listed?

e.g. my laptop says "USB2.0 UVC HD Webcam".

I'll move this thread to the (correct) YouCam forum.

PIX

Hi Pix,

Thanks for responding, yes it was listed but wouldn't turn on so I got some help from Microsoft which ended in me accidentally deleting it from the list. Silly of me but never mind I downloaded and installed YouCam 7 and I'm pretty happy with the results.

Thanks again cheers, Anita.
yorickk [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 30, 2007 02:15 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have been using YouCam5 with my HP Envy Laptop (Windows 8 > 8.1 >10 Home) for a few years now but a few days ago the integrated webcam above the display stopped working. I only noticed it when I tried to respond to a relative making skype video call. Skype does not detect a camera in the video settings.

I purchased an external USB connected webcam because I thought the integrated webcam was faulty or had somehow become disconnected (a common problem apparently) but this was also not being recognised.

I have done all the actions recommended but still have the problem.

Today I downloaded the trial version of YouCam7 + Perfect Cam. I still cannot get my webcam to start when I launch YouCam5 or YouCam7 but when I launch Perfect Cam the webcam comes on and I get a picture of myself (with the logon panel superimposed).

So my integrated webcam must still be connected ok .

Any suggestions as to what the problem might be??