Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Data2.7z Installation Error code:2
jskill111 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 05, 2017 17:57 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello World,

So I have tryed to contact support on facebook, phone and email, but still no help. I figured i will try my luck here. While installing CyberLink PowerDirector 15.0 it stops at 90% and gives me this message

"The extraction of the Data2.7z installation file was unsuccessful. The installation will now abort. Please reboot your system and then try installing again. Error code:2"

Yes, I have rebooted my system a few times.

I'm currently using Windows 10. Any help with this would be greatly apreciated.
jskill111 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 05, 2017 17:57 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Bump... I need help please

Quote Hello World,

So I have tryed to contact support on facebook, phone and email, but still no help. I figured i will try my luck here. While installing CyberLink PowerDirector 15.0 it stops at 90% and gives me this message

"The extraction of the Data2.7z installation file was unsuccessful. The installation will now abort. Please reboot your system and then try installing again. Error code:2"

I'm currently using Windows 10. Any help with this would be greatly apreciated.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
During installation, some files are uncompressed as temporary files before installing. They get cleaned up or removed after a successful installation. It is possible that there may not be enough free space for this and that is why the 7z extraction failed. The spec says 7GB required but suspect more may be needed during some installation.
DavidInIowa [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 30, 2018 08:40 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I have this same issue.
Win 10 laptop and PD15.
Has there been any reconcliation to this issue?
Thank you.
Dave
DavidInIowa [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hmmm,
I just noticed that the installation appears to be proceeding according to the status bar BEHIND the pop up error window.
Leaving it be for now...will report back...........
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
The OP never responded after that so we don't know if he/she tried to install it on a drive with more free space. See this sticky: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/80133.page and attach a DxDiag.txt file on your next reply. We may be able to identify an issue with your pc.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 20. 2019 10:58

DavidInIowa [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The OP never responded after that so we don't know if he/she tried to install it on a drive with more free space. See this sticky: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/80133.page and attach a DxDiag.txt file on your next reply. We may be able to identify an issue with your pc.

Thanks Tomasc,
As I noted...the progress bar is SLOWLY advancing.
Currently at 57% at about 45 minutes time.
I wonder what the result will be?
LOL.
Funny thing, I had PD15 installed on this Win10 laptop before.
Then had issues with the laptop.
Uninstalled everything and reinstalled Win10.
Then tried to reinstall PD and the issue came up.
I'll keep you posted and check out the other thread.
Thanks again!
Dave
DavidInIowa [Avatar]
[Post New]
Tomasc,
Ok, here we go.
The progress bar stalled at 90% with the error code window still up.
Here is my DxDiag
What are we looking for?
Thanks for your assistance.
Dave
 Filename
DxDiagPD15.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
128 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
333 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote What are we looking for?

Clues. You've got plenty of drive space available, you have a recent CPU and plenty of memory, and all of that is good. However, it should only take 2-5 minutes tops to extract those .7z files, and there are some hints at deeper issues.

Your Intel GPU video driver is current, but the driver for your nVidia MX150 is a year and a half out of date. Please visit the Dell support page for your Inspiron 7242 and install that driver (it's nmarked urgent on the webpage).

While you're there, I would also strongly recommend that you use the diagnostic tool to see if it can find and repair any problems with Win10. The final items in the DxDiag report show the 10 most recent serious crashes, two of which were blue screen/BSOD/BEX64.

I'm always concerned when I see BSODs caused by Explorer, as that usually points to something being damaged with the OS. If you can't run the Dell diagnostics app, or if it runs but doesn't find any issues, please see this post for two additional commands to run.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
DavidInIowa [Avatar]
[Post New]

Clues. You've got plenty of drive space available, you have a recent CPU and plenty of memory, and all of that is good. However, it should only take 2-5 minutes tops to extract those .7z files, and there are some hints at deeper issues.

Your Intel GPU video driver is current, but the driver for your nVidia MX150 is a year and a half out of date. Please visit the Dell support page for your Inspiron 7242 and install that driver (it's nmarked urgent on the webpage).

While you're there, I would also strongly recommend that you use the diagnostic tool to see if it can find and repair any problems with Win10. The final items in the DxDiag report show the 10 most recent serious crashes, two of which were blue screen/BSOD/BEX64.

I'm always concerned when I see BSODs caused by Explorer, as that usually points to something being damaged with the OS. If you can't run the Dell diagnostics app, or if it runs but doesn't find any issues, please see this post for two additional commands to run.

Thanks for the info.
I've had this laptop for a little over a year, it is my back up/motorhome rig.
The BSODs started awhile ago and through DELL interface support it was determined to reinstall Win10 through the MediaCreation Tool..etc.
If the diagnostic tool you mention is where you see space ships and such, I've run that several times, once with DELL interface and nothing showed up.
I'll update the MX150 driver and see the other posts.

In other forums/diagnostic videos/etc it was suggested that the 7z was corrupted.
7z was not on the laptop and I installed it, but is my understanding that the 7z that is failing to extract is on/within the PD exe?

I'll keep everyone posted to my findings.
Dave
DavidInIowa [Avatar]
[Post New]
INSTALLED!
Sort of.........

Not sure what actually worked as I did not attempt install with each procedure.
I had several issues with sfc/scannow.
Ran CHKDSK.
https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/solved-windows-resource-protection-could-not-perform-the-requested-operation/

Then ran scannow/r

The Dism.exe command never ran and there is remaining issues there.

The main PD15 install went without a hitch.
Extra Content 1...no problem.
Extra Content 2...Data2.7z Installation error code:2 was Baaaaack.
All other extra content installed smoothly.

Now, I had all Cyberlink Folders saved on external HD from my main PC so at this time I am transfering them to the laptop.
I'll see what, if anything, I am missing in saved Particles, Titles, etc.

MANY thanks to tomasc and optodata for their assistance.

Tomasc, I am the Dave over at PDU FB page the other day asking about the various versions of 17 standalone CD-Rom version.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Greetings Dave, Good to catch you in the PD Forums. You are one of the most active member and helpful contributors in the FB PDU forums. Enjoyed your posted 4 way to full screen tutorial!!!

Optodata has got you going here on your win 10 issues. He is the expert there on Win 10. The content pack premium file apparently worked on your desktop 2 years ago but is possibly corrupted now as you may have copied it from an optical medium to a flash drive. You may have already tried copying them again. If that is the case, then you can contact Cyberlink Support and show them proof of purchase to obtain a download link for PD15. It doesn’t matter if it was purchased at a retail vendor as a download or optical disc to get the help.
Mabruka [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 12, 2023 07:47 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello World,

Hiiiii. Can you please help me? What do I do about this now......

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 12. 2023 14:58

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

Hiiiii. Can you please help me? What do I do about this now......

Hi,
This is an old thread started in 2017 and you have given no info to help members help you.

You would be better to start a new topic with your specific issue and include the details asked for in this guide as far as possible:
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/80133.page

The more info you can give the better!!

In the meanwhile, since this topic was about installation issues, you can always open a support ticket (link in signature below) and see if CS can offer any solution.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do