Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Lumix FZ2500 films in 4K and C4K but can a disc be burned in 4K or C4K?
[Post New]
My Lumix FZ2500 films in 4K and C4K but can a disc be burned in 4K or C4K?

I can see that PD14 can create a file in 4K but not C4K.

I can see that PD14 in Create Disc seems not to have the 4K option available.

I am puzzled as to why it can create a file in 4K but not burn a disc in 4K.

Does this change in PD15?

My Hisense 4K TV will play the 4K and C4K files when converted to .MKV from a thumb drive but the Panasonic Blu Ray player will not.

Is there any way a disc can be burned in 4K or C4K?

If a disc can be burned in 4K or C4K is there a player that can play either please?

Thanks. Phil
Tell the truth - but gently.

PD14 Ultra
i5-6600K OC CPU, Asus Z170-P Motherboard, 4G Asus GeForce GTX 960, 240GB SSD, 1 x 1TB Seagate HDD, 1x 1TB SSD external backup HDD, 8GB RAM

Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
Quote My Lumix FZ2500 films in 4K and C4K but can a disc be burned in 4K or C4K?

My Hisense 4K TV will play the 4K and C4K files when converted to .MKV from a thumb drive but the Panasonic Blu Ray player will not.

If a disc can be burned in 4K or C4K is there a player that can play either please?

Thanks.

Q: Does this change in PD15?

A: No. In PD15, you have to choose the aspect ratio for the timeline. The 19:10 aspect ratio of C4K is not supported.

Q: Is there any way a disc can be burned in 4K or C4K?

A: Not with PD15, either. Sorry, I don't know a better answer. Burning disks is sooooooo 1990 wink

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
[Post New]
Quote My Lumix FZ2500 films in 4K and C4K but can a disc be burned in 4K or C4K?

Thanks.

A: No. In PD15, you have to choose the aspect ratio for the timeline. The 19:10 aspect ratio of C4K is not supported.

A: Not with PD15, either. Sorry, I don't know a better answer. Burning disks is sooooooo 1990 wink

Hatti

Thanks Hatti,

On another thread others are hoping that when PD16 is released soon it will have the capability to burn 4K discs.

If burning discs is so 1990 then why have I and many people I know (and up to PowerDirector 14) still been using discs including Blu Ray discs for HD videos?
And if burning discs is so 1990 then what do the majority of people use to show their videos?

Thanks, Phil

PD14 Ultra
i5-6600K OC CPU, Asus Z170-P Motherboard, 4G Asus GeForce GTX 960, 240GB SSD, 1 x 1TB Seagate HDD, 1x 1TB SSD external backup HDD, 8GB RAM

Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]

Thanks.

Hatti

Thanks Hatti,

On another thread others are hoping that when PD16 is released soon it will have the capability to burn 4K discs.

If burning discs is so 1990 then why have I and many people I know (and up to PowerDirector 14) still been using discs including Blu Ray discs for HD videos?
And if burning discs is so 1990 then what do the majority of people use to show their videos?

Thanks,

I have an external HD for Videos in H.264 (mp4 and mkv). I burnt my last disk around one year ago. I have a blueray burner, but honestly, I never used it for video.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
[Post New]

Thanks.

Hatti

Thanks Hatti,

Thanks,

I have an external HD for Videos in H.264 (mp4 and mkv). I burnt my last disk around one year ago. I have a blueray burner, but honestly, I never used it for video.

Hatti

Hatti,

Ok, but my situation is that I video my kids' sports activities and sometimes the whole match which lasts and hour.
The Club then asks me to do 20 copies on a disc so each family plus coaches has a copy. This can be done in either std DVD or HD in Blu Ray.

And going back to video format compatibility, I also have another TV, a Samsung HD, and another Blu Ray player, a Samsung, both connected but neither will play .MP4 or .MKV files. They are not the latest models so it may be different with the current ones. Phil

PD14 Ultra

Hatti
[Post New]

Hatti,

Ok, but my situation is that I video my kids' sports activities and sometimes the whole match which lasts and hour.
The Club then asks me to do 20 copies on a disc so each family plus coaches has a copy. This can be done in either std DVD or HD in Blu Ray.

And going back to video format compatibility, I also have another TV, a Samsung HD, and another Blu Ray player, a Samsung, both connected but neither will play .MP4 or .MKV files. They are not the latest models so it may be different with the current ones.

So as far as I know, you cannot burn 4K to a compatible BlueRay. BlueRay ist specified fur HD, thats 1920x1080. For 4K, you need a Ultra HD BlueRay, with more than 60GB space. Than you need a very expensive burner and, of course, a compatible player and TV

<a>https://www.extremetech.com/computing/243463-new-pioneer-ultra-blu-ray-burners-pack-4k-playback-16x-burn-speeds</a>

My BlueRay (not Ultra HD) player plays 1920x1080 .mp4 and .mkv, but not 4K .mp4 or .mkv. So if you player would be able to play 4K footage, it would be so very new, that it could play .mp4 and .mkv for sure. So please check, if your equipment and the equipment of the 20 families are able to play 4K.