Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDR15 v3223 beta patch now available.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Members,

The latest beta patch PowerDirector 15 v3223 is now available for use.

This beta patch can be downloaded from here:

Downloader link:

http://update.cyberlink.com/Retail/Patch/PowerDirector/DL/TR170823-006/CyberLink_PowerDirector_Downloader.exe

Direct download link:

http://download.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/cs/patch/PDR15/PowerDirector_3223_GM6_Patch_Patch_VDE170612-01.exe

Release notes:

• Fixes the issue that the UI is truncated after maximizing window on the second monitor.

• Fixes the issue that the program crashes when adjusting the size parameter in the Particle Designer.

• Fixes the issue that 9:16 video is stretched after applying Crop & Zoom.

• Improves the compatibility with 360 video.

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Nov 14. 2017 00:45

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Bobbyjobling [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 31, 2017 05:55 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
This is not working for me. PD15 is extremely unstable, with or without the beta patch, I'm not able to use it. Other editing software work very well on my PC so I would say it's PD15 not working, maybe due to window 10 updates .

PC: AMD ryzen1800x, 16GB Ram, AMD HD7870, Windows 10 64bit
DineshCanada [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 08, 2017 17:02 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the same problem on Windows 10 64-bit (on Core i5 with SSD drive). It crashes when I save my project. It is also unstable. Audio/Video sync issues. I am not able to use the software at all right now. Support has not been able to help me. Should a mature software crash and not have a solution to fix it? And support says they want to know what email ID I am using when it was already provided and same ID was used.

Quote This is not working for me. PD15 is extremely unstable, with or without the beta patch, I'm not able to use it. Other editing software work very well on my PC so I would say it's PD15 not working, maybe due to window 10 updates .

PC: AMD ryzen1800x, 16GB Ram, AMD HD7870, Windows 10 64bit

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sep 08. 2017 17:14

Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Is there any intention to release this as the official latest version before PDR16 comes out?

Edit - Time has given me the answer. At the release of PDR16, the latest RC patch of PDR 15 was 2820 (which has been shown to be broken). If this beta patch has been proven to be safe then should it not have been offered as an update patch?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 20. 2017 06:51

JonathanS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 17, 2016 19:53 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
A non-beta patch would be appreciated... I'm still using 2509 from February, and it is terribly unstable. I've owned PD15 for a mere 11 months. It seems that Cyberlink is more interested in taking money for annual upgrades than producing a stable, working product.
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
I was also hoping for a "better" update, PD 5 is proving to be more prone to crashing now than with previous updates. I'm working on 2 different videos, both short form, and opperational stability is proving to be a real problem!

Incidently, I'm using director Suite 5 and now I have to uninstall Photodirector as that has now stopped loading! I just wondered if the problem (s) are linked

Cheers

Dave F. I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
imaref [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 02, 2010 14:03 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I contacted customer support, complaining that the beta patch is not sufficient. They replied that a stable patch for Power Director 15 is forthcoming (but no date).

Keep an eye out for it...
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I contacted customer support, complaining that the beta patch is not sufficient. They replied that a stable patch for Power Director 15 is forthcoming (but no date).

Keep an eye out for it...

Hi imaref, thanks for the update

surprised I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.