Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PhotoDirector 8 Video Import
[Post New]
The essential question of this thread has been transferred from the PDR15 forum: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/46020.page#post_box_287938 posted by Frankc1.

PhD8 can import the video formats shown in this table. Note that the Mac version has some limitations in this.

Frank,

As suggested by Robert (The Shadowman) in the other thread, could you please indicate the details of videos that are failing to import & bringing up the "H.264" alert? From which camera(s) are the source footage?

Using the Windows version of PhD8, I haven't had any issues importing H.264 encoded videos.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Frankc1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 21, 2012 11:46 Messages: 64 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The essential question of this thread has been transferred from the PDR15 forum: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/46020.page#post_box_287938 posted by Frankc1.

PhD8 can import the video formats shown in this table. Note that the Mac version has some limitations in this.

Frank,

As suggested by Robert (The Shadowman) in the other thread, could you please indicate the details of videos that are failing to import & bringing up the "H.264" alert? From which camera(s) are the source footage?

Using the Windows version of PhD8, I haven't had any issues importing H.264 encoded videos.

PIX

Problem. Photodirector 8. Tried to import a video. It stopped because it would not accept a H.264 Video.

My question. Would it work if I imported the rejected video into Powerdirector and then out put it in another format?

Solution. Yes it will work. I put the video into PD15 output it as a .WMV file. Then imported that .WMV file into Photodirector 8.

Footnote. I do not know if any other output format would work, but I suspect it will.

I hope this information will help other having a similar problem. laughing

Keep up the good work guys.

FrankC
[Post New]
Hello again Frank,

It's still unclear what's causing the issue for you. Please confirm that you're using the Windows version of PhD, rather than the Mac version. I'd assume you are, given that you're using PDR.

In this zip file there are 4 short videos, 2 straight from the camera(s) & 2 rendered in PDR15. They are all encoded with AVC H.264 & all import perfectly well into PhD8, without the need for conversion.

Could you please download the zip file, extract the files, then test their import into PhD8? A report back with screenshots might help us track down the problem.

If other members could provide feedback, that would be helpful. Thank you.

PIX

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 13. 2017 16:36

PIX YouTube channel