Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Finding New Resolution After Cropping / Zooming
[Post New]
How would I find the new resolution of a video after I have cropped/zoomed in on it?

Currently the timeline only shows the original format resolution, and I need the information of the zoomed in final product to determine what resolutions I can produce in..

Any assistance to my question would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Welcome to the forum.

I saw your post and I cannot test this because I am rendering at the moment, but if you use the snapshot function it will create an image of THAT resolution in the timeline. Darn I can't look right now but there should also be a setting in Preferences to enable-disable original resolution in snapshot.

Now a caveat is I think it is different in the main timeline than from the other timelines, but that is very easy to find out, just snapshot the close up in both, then when the images import into the library, look at their properties.

I think that will work to get the info you are looking for, but again I am locked into a render.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 03. 2017 19:53

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi nikkolaus -

It's a good question.

If you use 10x10 grid lines in the Crop window, that'll give you an idea (with a bit of calculation)

If you start with a 1920x1080 & crop to a bit less than half the screen space, you're at about 1280x720.

The attached overlays might help you out.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - 1080-720.png]
 Filename
1080-720.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
23 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
16 time(s)
[Thumb - UHD-2.7K-1080.png]
 Filename
UHD-2.7K-1080.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
112 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
20 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!