Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
saving draft edit before producing
Paddyzen [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Tasmania Australia Joined: May 02, 2017 01:37 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
I produced a final rendered version of my edit of a project, I could no longer find an editable copy of that draft edit to work on. maybe it was there but I could not find it. Can some one please advise me of the best protocol for saving the project edit so not to loose it if a produced and rendered. Thanks for any time you spend on that. Paddy
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Append number1 to the filename and increase that number by 1 each time you do a save as on the project. Say pds file 50 don’t work. You can then use 49. You no longer have to rely on one pds file. You have many to choose from.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
You may be able to find a eariler pds file in Auto Save.

It is a Hidden location. Change your Folder Options to show Hidden folders and files.

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\15.0\Cache\AutoSave\

Next time add a incrementing number to the filename and save the project as, in a folder of your choice.

PowerDirector Project Management Tutorial (Part 1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAOnn8g0C_o

. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Paddyzen [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Tasmania Australia Joined: May 02, 2017 01:37 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Append number1 to the filename and increase that number by 1 each time you do a save as on the project. Say pds file 50 don’t work. You can then use 49. You no longer have to rely on one pds file. You have many to choose from.

Very helpful thanks
Paddyzen [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You may be able to find a eariler pds file in Auto Save.

It is a Hidden location. Change your Folder Options to show Hidden folders and files.

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\15.0\Cache\AutoSave\

Next time add a incrementing number to the filename and save the project as, in a folder of your choice.

PowerDirector Project Management Tutorial (Part 1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAOnn8g0C_o

You tube very helpful thanks guys, gotta love this forum for looking after us newbies. Paddy