Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Wave Editor
[Post New]
I want to use Wave Editor to trim MP3 tracks I have downloaded.
The MP3 track is in the Timeline filling both LEFT and RIGHT channels.

But how do I quickly move the Timeline blue marker towards the end of the track to find the place where I need to trim off the last part of the track?
The only way I can find to move the blue marker is to click the Start icon and wait 3 minutes for it to slowly get to the end of the whole track.
Surely there must be a quicker way than that?

Thanks. Phil
Tell the truth - but gently.

PD14 Ultra
i5-6600K OC CPU, Asus Z170-P Motherboard, 4G Asus GeForce GTX 960, 240GB SSD, 1 x 1TB Seagate HDD, 1x 1TB SSD external backup HDD, 8GB RAM

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Try this: Click on the waveform where you want that portion you want removed to place the cursor. Drag the right ear of the cursor to the right end. You can then hit the scissor icon to remove the end portion of that file.
[Post New]
Quote Try this: Click on the waveform where you want that portion you want removed to place the cursor. Drag the right ear of the cursor to the right end. You can then hit the scissor icon to remove the end portion of that file.

Thanks so much! Phil
Tell the truth - but gently.

PD14 Ultra
i5-6600K OC CPU, Asus Z170-P Motherboard, 4G Asus GeForce GTX 960, 240GB SSD, 1 x 1TB Seagate HDD, 1x 1TB SSD external backup HDD, 8GB RAM