Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Canon HG21
pepe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 13, 2009 17:40 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all:

I want to buy the Canon HG21, is it compatible with The Power Director? Are there any problems with the Power Director? Thanks in advance.

Pepe
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
I have a Cannon HG20 (same camera, but without the viewfinder) and it works great with PD7 Ultra. It can capture right off the camera HD and it edits and plays back the videos smoothly. I've used the camera with the low quality settings as well as with 1920x1080 30p at 24 Mb/s with no issues.

Jim Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
pepe [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks James, I am very happy to hear this news.
jim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 06, 2009 17:42 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for this feedback. I too am looking to take the plunge and purchase a High Def camcorder. Is there any word about the new flash memory Canon models and whether they are compatible with PD7?
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
I never used the flash memory since I directly upload from the camera HD. One this I should mention is that the software cannon includes for transferring video is much faster than using PD to capture the video files. Sometimes PD will get to 100% and then pause and just hang. I typically end up stopping the program.

Cannon's capture program works much better. As for editing, it do not have any problems. Just remember to save often since PD does crash occasionally, but this is not because of the file format.

Jim Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
pepe [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok, James. Thanks.