Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
AVCHD Final Render Quality
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
Good!!! I'm glad their fixing this for version 7 and not expecting customers to pay more to get working features we already paid for. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
[Post New]
I wonder whether the SVRT problem is also being addressed?
Random_Jay [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Maryland Joined: Jun 18, 2008 00:35 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I see that Version 8 is now available. Did CyberLink address the AVCHD rendering issues in this new version? Will there be a patch that addresses the issues in Version 7, or are we forced to purchase the upgrade to version 8 to get the issue corrected?
Peter Ozpeter [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 10, 2008 20:51 Messages: 336 Offline
[Post New]
There are those who are satisfied with the general quality of AVCHD renders, and there are those who are not. I get the impression that nobody who complained before feels that the new release improves matters. The problem appears to relate to AVCHD files from specific devices.

From my devices AVCHD renders seem fine - except that there's the problem of repeated or jumpy frames where SVRT comes to a transition. That doesn't particularly surprise me - it's very hard to integrate the rendered frames with the unrendered frames at such points, and I've yet to see a program that can do it completely successfully.

Going from one iteration of a highly compressed video to another is bound to cause some quality loss. Going from a bitrate higher than that used in PD to the lower bitrate of PD is also far from ideal. Presumably there's a reason (licencing cost based??) why PD8 doesn't render at the higher rate used by certain camcorders.