Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Linked audio somehow moves relative to the video without seeing it shown moved in the track
Watercolorwilly [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Phoenix Joined: Mar 13, 2011 11:35 Messages: 211 Offline
[Post New]
I've had another audio slip event.

It now seems like it relates to changing the duration of a still photo. The photo was 4 seconds long and now is 8 seconds. As I previewed my change, I wondered where audio was coming from. I got out of the project and opened it again. I found that the first of four video clips following the adjusted still photo had left its audio behind, in other words, the audio started playing midway through the still that I just adjusted the duration on. On the third clip the audio slipped under the second clip's audio and the fourth clip's audio looked as if it were linked to third video. I checked further down the timeline and out of about 100 following video clips, I found one other effect: following a series of still photos, the first video clip in a series of video clips had its audio start earlier the same way as I described above. NOTE: Both were not apparent until I re-opened the same project to see if some audio slippage had happened.

Later I also noted that a set of overlaid audios in other tracks in the project and an fx (magnifier) slipped 1 minute, each. I don't know when these happened, but I assume they are related to the slip problem. Ripple editing does not seem to work well for me - perhaps I don't know how to apply it - as "move all in all tracks" somehow is not 100%. I know that I'm stressing the software using so many clips and stills in this 1-hour photo show, but I feel well-designed software should handle it. Am I the only person to fill a DVD disk with a full-length show? Does everyone only do 3-minute shows for YouTube, or whatever? I have to start out full length just to figure out the sequence of photos and videos, which requires a lot of editing and moving around of photos and clips. Only then can I break the show into shorter segments to finish editing before combining them again. What a pain. Other software providers never had this problem, at least for me.

Comments?

Bill Bill Seifert
HP Pavilion Desktop TP01-2022
8 core
AMD Radeon
Windows 11, 16 GB RAM

Watercolorwilly [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Phoenix Joined: Mar 13, 2011 11:35 Messages: 211 Offline
[Post New]
This morning I decided to make the same duration change on a series of still photos (as described above) to the test project - a duplicate - that I had created early in my current project. To my suprise, that edit did not create the same audio slip - no evidence on the timeline throughout the whole hour of the show, even after leaving and returning to it. Now I conclude there is some kind of random slip is going on because I can't duplicate it on my own system with the same project! Sigh. Bill Seifert
8 core
AMD Radeon
Windows 11, 16 GB RAM

[Post New]
Quote: This morning I decided to make the same duration change on a series of still photos (as described above) to the test project - a duplicate - that I had created early in my current project. To my suprise, that edit did not create the same audio slip - no evidence on the timeline throughout the whole hour of the show, even after leaving and returning to it. Now I conclude there is some kind of random slip is going on because I can't duplicate it on my own system with the same project! Sigh.

This error happens here too, I think that the project contains video and photos on the same timeline, to prevent it from happening, I try not to remove transition between photo and video AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Watercolorwilly [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, "Playsound."

I had another idea. I remembered that on my real project that I removed, one at a time, several of the still photos in the series which all had transitions. That did cause the audio slip problem; the video clip following the series had its audio delayed by the duration of the removed still. So, I conclude that it is the removal of stills (video too?) that confuses PD and it does not know enough to move the audio in sync with the video. And PD does NOT display the fact that the audio is offset from the video until I leave and return to PD and this project.

Strangely enough while playing with this more, I removed more stills and accidentally hit something that caused PD to go into the "Create Disk" mode. I waited for it to complete getting into that mode - the default DVD menu came up - and clicked on "Edit" to continue. To my surprise, the display AND actual playback of the video clip and audio was correct! Later I repeated it and it did so again. But then I noticed that just saving the project after the removal would correct this - I've never had that correction work before. I'm so confused with all these varying symptoms.

Bill Bill Seifert
8 core
AMD Radeon
Windows 11, 16 GB RAM

[Post New]
Quote: Thanks, "Playsound."
Bill

2 errors I've ever used in PD11, talves be my PC.
1 - Displacement of audio over the video, after removing a transition between photo and video, audio moves exactly the time of the transition removed (this happens in some situations) not always.
"Avoid removing trasição between photo and video."
2nd - Transitions that reverses IN to OUT or OUT to IN.
"Before producing on file, save the project and reopen again this error was corrected." AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate