Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Patch 2521 Broke PowerDVD 8 Ultra
[Post New]
I just updated to this patch and now when I start the program, I get this dialog: CyberLink PowerDVD can only run under 1024x768 High Color (16 bit) resolution or higher (see attached).

OMG!!! Is there a patch I can apply that actually works right "out of the box???" It's one goddamn problem after another.

Anyone else with this particular problem?
[Thumb - 1024x768 problem.JPG]
 Filename
1024x768 problem.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
9 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
142 time(s)
Shawn [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 06, 2009 20:32 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I know the same thing happened to me. I uninstalled everything and reinstalled PowerDVD 7 so I could upgrade to 8. Now even a normal build of 8 will not play anything. No error message, it just does not play. What a piece of crap!
John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 07, 2009 01:15 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Did the patch today and got the same thing, it won't open period. I will try uninstalling and rebooting and reinstalling and repatching. If that does't work I will repeat but patch with an older patch 2517
Shawn [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 06, 2009 20:32 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I did all the uninstalling and rebooting and reinstalling an repatching (minus the current patch) 2 different times. For some reason now I cannot get Blu-ray movies to play that were working just fine before this patch. I am very frustrated as now I cannot watch any movies.
Simon [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 07, 2008 06:39 Messages: 59 Offline
[Post New]
This is yet another totally hosed patch from Cyberlink.

I've spent some time analysing what this patch does and guess what, as you might have guessed it removes support for Blu-Ray playback.

I'm convinced nobody at Cyberlink actualy checks patches before they are released. I think this is now the 4th patch that has rendered PDVD8 unusable in the last 12 months.
Jay [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 03, 2009 18:49 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: This is yet another totally hosed patch from Cyberlink.

I've spent some time analysing what this patch does and guess what, as you might have guessed it removes support for Blu-Ray playback.

I'm convinced nobody at Cyberlink actualy checks patches before they are released. I think this is now the 4th patch that has rendered PDVD8 unusable in the last 12 months.

You're right! I uninstalled PowerDVD 8 Ultra, re-installed the original downloaded program file, and DID NOT download/install the latest patch. Blu-ray discs now play perfectly. Their own update patches are deleting BD playback!

What in the hell is Cyberlink doing?