Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
For anyone who had problems with patch 2251 or PDVD 9
Robinson [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 04, 2007 18:07 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
Cyberlink responded to my support call, and as part of their response they told me to stop all other Startup programs and I have identified what is causing the problem with the codec registration, missing audio config options, BD region settings and BD playback. Specifically it is with Cyberlinks own app, BRS.exe. If you have this running, stop it and try running PDVD.

Works for me.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 02. 2009 13:42

Robinson [Avatar]
[Post New]
I lied, turned out is was DVD Region Free. PDVD 9 hates it.
Robinson [Avatar]
[Post New]
What this allowed me to do is install the latest PDVD8 patch with no problems and what I discovered is that the upscaling tech is in PDVD8!!!!!

Coupled with the fact that PDVD8 does 7.1 DTS-HD MA which 9 doesn't, and refund here we come!!
Joseph [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 27, 2008 08:56 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
OK - My BDRegion code error has something to do with my HSMGR envoke startup command. It is related to my Asus D2X soundcard driver - cmedia related.

This seems to be related to emulating EAX for video games and GX 2.0 support.
Robinson [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: OK - My BDRegion code error has something to do with my HSMGR envoke startup command. It is related to my Asus D2X soundcard driver - cmedia related.

This seems to be related to emulating EAX for video games and GX 2.0 support.

A few people have said that.