Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
What is going on with Customer Support?
JJPower [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2009 22:34 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
I have been waiting since last Sunday for a reply to one of my support tickets.
I lost my original working PowerDVD Ultra 8 program when trying to upgrade to 2521.
All I want is a link to reinstall my original program.
I have been trying to get somebody from customer support to answer my support ticket, but still NO answer.

WHAT IS IT GOING TO TAKE TO GET A REPLY???

What do I have to do to get a link to reinstall my original program, that I paid $99.00 for???
I have a valid license key.
Please reply or explain what is going on with customer support not answering support tickets.
I have been patient, but am now reaching the end of my rope.
Thank You
Martin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 12, 2008 06:09 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
From my experience I'd say that no one of the Cyberlink staff actually reads this forum! Unfortunately, you need to go the service ticket way...

Regards!
JJPower [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am happy to report moments after posting this, I got a response to my latest support ticket.
It is distressing that it had to go this far to get this resolved, but I was able to get a link to reinstall my program.
I now have a working program and player once again.
I can also report build 2521 does work if you install the full version, and make sure your antivirus is turned off.
I don't know if Cyberlink has resolved the issue with build 2521 and the antivirus programs producing a false alarm yet.
Hopefully Cyberlink will give us a report or update on this issue.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Feb 28. 2009 10:58

JJPower [Avatar]
[Post New]
In a very bizarre twist, it seems Cyberlink's support team all the sudden came out of hibernation.
Later the same evening I got multiple e-mails notices and found ALL my support tickets had been answered.
Why it took this long with NO response, I have no clue.
I did find the reply's to be conflicting, as they were from different agents.

My latest support ticket gave me a full 2521 version, which I was successfully able to install. It seems to be working fine, and I haven't noticed any issues. I haven't seen any notices from Cyberlink that it has been fixed, which still has me concerned.

The other support tickets gave me links to previous Ultra 8 builds, and said: we regret to inform you that the latest 2521 build of PowerDVD 8 Ultra has been found to have some Bugs in it. We have escalated this issue to our product development department and they are expected to fix it soon.

Hopefully Cyberlink will post a notice that the bugs have been fixed on the 2521 build.
This would put many people including myself, more at ease.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 28. 2009 10:55

mary [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 01, 2009 19:52 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
We have similar problem regarding support tickets. I have 3 support tickets and yet I receive no replies from the admin.

-----------------------------
skate bids
John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 19, 2009 20:50 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the same issues...multiple tickets no reply. Anyone know the address of the CEO?