Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Buffer Overrun encountered
Keith [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 23, 2009 23:27 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I am getting this error when trying to play my first blu ray disc in my new lite-on blu ray rom. At first, I was able to play standard DVDs through the player using PowerDVD 7.3 BR edition using the lite-on drive, but blu rays play (Speed Racer is the only blu ray I own) with audio and no video, just a black screen. My system is HDCP compliant. I am using an ATI X1950 video card linked to a Phillips 42" LCD HD TV with a DVI to HDMI cable. I have the display set to 1080p with Avivo drivers installed. After a few attempts to restart the system, it started giving me a buffer overrun error and crashing the program. At some point, the drive no longer recognized standard DVDs either. No matter what disc I insert, the drive shows that it is empty. I believe that this means that the drive itself is bad. Can anyone else confirm this for me? I have RMAed the drive to Newegg hoping that this will fix the issue. Is there any possiblility that the original issue, sound no picture, will also be solved by this? Are there other things that could have caused this? Any advice is most greatly apreciated.