Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
3 problems on produced DVD
sjordi
Member Location: Geneva, Switzerland - Portland, OR, USA Joined: Dec 03, 2008 03:15 Messages: 50 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I'm using PowerDirector 7.0.2429a under WinXP Pro SP3 with 3Gb of RAM and about 200Gb of free disk space and have edited a 17 minutes project.
My machine is a core2 duo at 2.4Ghz.
It has 6 chapters and some subtitles.

It looks like on the final produced DVD, I run into 3 problems:

1- When I start the DVD, it doesn't start at the beginning of chapter 1. It jumps at 0:00:42s immediately. Even if I don't jump to a chapter and just plain say "Play" (supposedly from the beginning).
The menu is correctly aligned to 0:00:00
If I forward back I can go back to 0:00:07 but before that it stalls.
I have tried 3 different medias and all do the same (even burned at different speeds).
Any idea why?

2- Subtitles are never shown.
I've set them up for "Create subtitles for a DVD" so the user can decide wether they want them displayed or not.
If I select the subtitles menu and set them to ON they don't show up.
If while playing the DVD I switch to subtitles from the DVD player remote control, they don't show either.
The DVD players (one is a SONY, the other one is PowerDVD) tell me I have chosen subtitles "Others", so they're supposed to show up.
Any clue?

3- the produced video is sometimes jerky. The picture freezes for half a second. I would say it does this on an average of every two minutes.
I did produce the DVD on two different machines, my laptop and my desktop but the result behaves the same.
Also, when the images freeze for half a second, I checked on the original file from the video camera, and they're ok there. The files on the hard disk are ok too.
Again, any idea?

Also, to make sure to have a clean project, I trashed the
C:\Documents and Settings\[name]\Application Data\CyberLink\PowerDirector\7.0\ directory to make sure that all thumbnails, temp files, etc are recreated from scratch. Doesn't affect the final product.

Thanks for any help.
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
The jumping issue is under the microscope now.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/5272.page

see the bottom of this link. Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!