Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Menu Text Highlight
Roger [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Sydney, Australia Joined: Sep 29, 2008 09:03 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
I searched the forum on this but could not find a mention of this specific problem.

I have been designing my own menus because of the limitations of the Menu Templates supplied with PD7 rather than modifying existing ones. One problem I have is that I cannot make a menu with text highlights for the chapter headings. In the Menu Designer you can do this for the Main Page by ticking "Enable Text Highlights" but I can't find a similar option for the Menu Page. All you can have is button highlights. Am I missing something or is it just another of the strange little quirks of the PD7 menu system?

It seems that the PD 7 menu design has too many fancy effects like animated backgrounds with rising bubbles you can resize yourself, but misses out on the basics. If you modify one of the supplied templates you cannot get rid of those fuzzy edged background images except with a convoluted workaround. What's wrong with a simple select and delete? Yet if you want to make your own menu from scratch, you cant put in this background window!

Thanks
Roger
RobertWA [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Sep 20, 2008 00:18 Messages: 223 Offline
[Post New]
Roger

I have essentially the same problem. I want a menu which does NOT have the preview window on the Main Page, and which uses clickable text instead of buttons for chapter selection on the Chapters Page.

The supplied Template 5 has clickable chapter text but has the window on the main page. You mentioned a "convoluted workaround" to get rid of that window. I'd appreciate your help with that.

Thanks

Robert
Roger [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Sydney, Australia Joined: Sep 29, 2008 09:03 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Robert,
I was referring to the various re-size and move fixes mentioned in the earlier thread :-
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/5266.page
but it seems they do not work reliably either.
It looks like we just have to wait until Cyberlink comes up with a patch or new version. I am not inclined at this stage to switch to another video editor, preferring to spend the money on a new HDD and/or RAM upgrade.
Regards
Roger.