Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Dear Cyberlink: We need more Ipod Profiles and Higher Bitrates...
Rico [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 02, 2009 16:15 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
It's getting frustrating for me with the limitations that PD7 is putting on Ipod profiles.

Standard Quality: 320/180 @ 512kbps (Come on!)
Best Quality: 320/180 @ 712kbps (You have to be kidding me!)

How is this "elite" piece of software even considering these profiles as the only ones available for Ipod users? Even the crappy apps at least give you 320/240 @ 1500kbps.

As per Apple's site the Ipod Nano, Classic and Touch support the following:

-H.264 video, up to 1.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Low-Complexity version of the H.264 Baseline Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps

-H.264 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Baseline Profile up to Level 3.0 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps

-MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps

Some people may be fine with 720kbps for just watching the Ipod, but once you put the Ipods in a TV dock you really see how crappy 720kbps is.

I would be more than happy if Cyberlink could support the max resoultion and bitrates. Also there needs to be different profiles added to PD7 for the Ipod Classic & Touch. Same goes for the Zune also.

Another suggestion, outside the Ipod issue, is to also implement the H.264 (MP4) High Profile, H.264 (MP4) Main Profile for output when we are working with HD files.

Thanks...Just had to get that off my chest. Hopefully at Cyberlink listens.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3980.page

Rico,

I fully agree and others have posted this on the forum. Please go to the link above and fill in the form etc.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Rico [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 02, 2009 16:15 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3980.page

Rico,

I fully agree and others have posted this on the forum. Please go to the link above and fill in the form etc.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

Thanks...Info submitted.