Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Screen Capture Zoom
Andy W
Newbie Location: United Kingdom Joined: May 24, 2017 16:01 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Hey everyone,

Long time user and viewer but first time poster.

I've been asked to produce a video editing course for scuba divers by the British Sub-Aqua Club of which I am a member. They would like me to supplement the day course with some online tutorials that can be accessed afterwards.

I've got the screen capture software and have been familiarising myself with it. I've seen a few tutorials on YouTube where the tutor zooms in on a particular part of the screen.

I can't seem to do that with the capture software, so am assuming this is done in editing afterwards using the crop / zoom function or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance.

Andy W Live big! Love bigger =)
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hey everyone,

Long time user and viewer but first time poster.

I've been asked to produce a video editing course for scuba divers by the British Sub-Aqua Club of which I am a member. They would like me to supplement the day course with some online tutorials that can be accessed afterwards.

I've got the screen capture software and have been familiarising myself with it. I've seen a few tutorials on YouTube where the tutor zooms in on a particular part of the screen.

I can't seem to do that with the capture software, so am assuming this is done in editing afterwards using the crop / zoom function or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance.

Andy W
You are not missing anything. It is all about the editing after you screen capture.

Screen Capture is just the beginning of making a tutorial.

. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Andy -

This short screen capture/tutorial shows one way to do what you're after. It's the method I most consistently use making tutorials.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Andy W
Newbie Location: United Kingdom Joined: May 24, 2017 16:01 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Andy -

This short screen capture/tutorial shows one way to do what you're after. It's the method I most consistently use making tutorials.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks Tony,

Just watched it before reading this as I alread subscribe

That's how I thought it would be done if there was no zoom function built into the capture software itself. Really appreciate the vid. Cheers

Andy W Live big! Love bigger =)