Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
360 photo viewer/editor/nadir creator
Alec200 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 23, 2015 20:14 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Not the most appropriate place for this question, but I struggled to see a more general section-sorry.

So I have the Power Director Live suite.

I have just got into making 360 photospheres and sometimes linking them together to make virtual tours. I shoot these with a Ricoh Theta S from the ground and from a Phantom 4 Pro from the air. Does my Cyberlink suite have any tools that will;

1. Allow me to view photospheres?

2. Allow me to create or place my existing company logo to cover the tripod at the base of the photosphere for ground based shots and at the zenith to cover the drone in the aerial shots.

My service provider where I host and edit my tours doesn't current allow me to create discs to cover a mix of aerial shots and ground shots. It's a global setting which, when enabled, covers the base of all my photospheres which doesn't work for me as my mixed tours end up having a nadir in the right place on ground shots but in completely the wrong place on the aerial shots.

Thanks for any help.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Alec200 -

You can view & manipulate your 360° photosheres right in PDR15. Just set your project aspect ratio & your preview screen to 360 mode and off you go. Same applies to 360° videos.

You can edit out your tripod/hand/self using this Photoshop method. PhotoDirector may be able to achieve a similar result but I haven't tried it.

Online, you can easily use NadirPatch to replace your hand/self with a logo or overlay.

I have no experience of this myself, aside from testing - just offering suggestions I know will work. Perhaps some experienced 360 editors will chime in.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Alec200 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 23, 2015 20:14 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the ideas. I had looked at the nadirpatch site. A great free service. Unfortunately it's not as straightforward, for me anyway, with photospheres shot from a drone. That site seems to provide only for placing the nadir at the bottom of the photo.

I think I may have to do it the hard way and put some more hours into learning how to do it from scratch. Drone photography is a sideline business for me as well as my full time job so I don't have any spare time at the moment unfortunately!