Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
exporting produces files -no sound
nikolo [Avatar]
Member Location: athens Joined: Oct 28, 2012 06:52 Messages: 127 Offline
[Post New]
hello i use teh last months powerdiretcor 15(as a part of director suite5).usually i produced mp4 files from mkv files with no problem.but today i noticed the last two produced files playing in my tv with no sound.what is wrong?also the last week update my software to latest version(2820).it maybe due to this?
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Do the files that you produced play alright on your computer? Have you perhaps unticked the audio timeline by accident while you were editing?
nikolo [Avatar]
[Post New]
how can check if i unticked the audio timeline?also i noticed when inserting a video in timeline there in no appeared in whole lenght as usual.(if you understand me-see attachment).perhaps i clik something?should i choose ''view entire movie" and how can choose this option by default?
[Thumb - Χωρίς τίτλο.jpg]
 Filename
Χωρίς τίτλο.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
109 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
38 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 28. 2017 08:31

Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
The image that you attached appears to be damaged but if I understand correctly this screenshot should help to show where you would untick the audio timeline.

To zoom in and out of the timeline view you click on it and holding the mouse button down, drag right to zoom in and left to zoom out.

Hope I've understood correctly and that this helps smile.

p.s. - oops forgot the screenshot.
[Thumb - screenshot.jpg]
 Filename
screenshot.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Screenshot
 Filesize
93 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
33 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 28. 2017 08:52

nikolo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sow with my attachment seems that i have not untick the audio box .isn't?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Longedge gave you one reason for not having audio. I see a good audio waveform on his screenshot of which is lacking in your screenshot in the third thread above.

Any video clip can have recorded audio but if the room is silent and there is no sound then the clip will be a flat line with no audio waveform like in the first screenshot.

You could try going back to the previous PD15 build and see if the issue goes away and you have a good audio waveform on the same project. You then need to contact Cyberlink tech support and report the issue as a possible bug.
nikolo [Avatar]
[Post New]
is there any powerdiretcor 15 cleaner tool?also how can i back to previus build?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote is there any powerdiretcor 15 cleaner tool?also how can i back to previus build?
You need to change your method of saving your project, use Save Project As and give it a new number each time.

You may be able to find a auto save project (hidden folder).

PowerDirector 15 Live/perpetual

It is a Hidden location. Change your Folder Options to show Hidden folders and files

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\15.0\Cache\AutoSave\

If you mean a previous build of Powerdirector, you have to reinstall the previous build of Powerdirector.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 29. 2017 08:12

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.