Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
power2go 11 eliminate 2 seconds between tracks
olin the listener [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 27, 2017 17:17 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I upgraded from 8 to 11 the other day, and when I go to burn a disc I do not see the choice for eliminating the 2 seconds between tracks when burning an audio disc. The earlier version showed this option, which is necessary when making classical audio cds with multiple tracks on the same piece of music. If this is not available on 11 I don't want the new version
sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
I think you can click the '?' icon or press F1 key to invoke help file, search "Gap" to find where the audio gap function moved to.
Bernoullis [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 28, 2017 11:58 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
It seems that the opening post here was never answered, and I encountered exactly the same problem!

I recently purchased Power2Go 11 and I was also struggling to find any option to eliminate the gaps between audio tracks when creating an audio CD. Searching the help file for the word 'gap', as previously suggested, produced this one result, the following:

Audio CD Preferences
When creating an audio CD, click the Edit button to access the following preferences:

Enable CD-Text: select this option if you want to add information about the music disc you are creating. Enter the desired information in the fields provided.

Normalize volume of all tracks on the CD: select this option to set the volume of all of the audio tracks on the CD to the same level.

Insert audio gap between tracks: enter the duration, or silence, between each track in seconds in the field provided.

When you are done modifying the preferences, click OK to save the changes for your audio CD.

The 'Edit' menu at the top left of the software window, which catches your eye very quickly, doesn't contain these options, so I was left a bit puzzled. Then I spotted it - at bottom right of the software window is single button called 'Edit' and, sure enough, the option to select the number of (silent) seconds between tracks is there. The default appears to be 2 seconds - enter 0 if you don't want a silent gap between the audio tracks.

Hope this helps anyone who, like me, has spent a couple of puzzled minutes wondering where this useful feature is located!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 25. 2017 08:17

sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It seems that the opening post here was never answered, and I encountered exactly the same problem!

I recently purchased Power2Go 11 and I was also struggling to find any option to eliminate the gaps between audio tracks when creating an audio CD. Searching the help file for the word 'gap', as previously suggested, produced this one result, the following:

Audio CD Preferences
When creating an audio CD, click the Edit button to access the following preferences:

Enable CD-Text: select this option if you want to add information about the music disc you are creating. Enter the desired information in the fields provided.

Normalize volume of all tracks on the CD: select this option to set the volume of all of the audio tracks on the CD to the same level.

Insert audio gap between tracks: enter the duration, or silence, between each track in seconds in the field provided.

When you are done modifying the preferences, click OK to save the changes for your audio CD.

The 'Edit' menu at the top left of the software window, which catches your eye very quickly, doesn't contain these options, so I was left a bit puzzled. Then I spotted it - at bottom right of the software window is single button called 'Edit' and, sure enough, the option to select the number of (silent) seconds between tracks is there. The default appears to be 2 seconds - enter 0 if you don't want a silent gap between the audio tracks.

Hope this helps anyone who, like me, has spent a couple of puzzled minutes wondering where this useful feature is located!

I guess this is the "Edit" button that you're looking for.
[Thumb - Edit.JPG]
 Filename
Edit.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
102 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
51 time(s)
Bernoullis [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 28, 2017 11:58 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Er .......... yes .......... sumerJ, I know that, which is why I described it's location in my post!?!?
olin the listener [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 27, 2017 17:17 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you so much. I do not know how the heck I missed that. I spent a long time looking though. You have made my day