Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
how do I turn down the volume on a music track?
pamenamel
Newbie Location: Alpharetta, GA Joined: Dec 15, 2014 18:51 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
This seems like it should be dirt simple but somehow I'm just not seeing it. I've got a music track under a slide show. I just want the volume of the music part to be lower. The voice parts are fine. This seems like it should not be hard and is probably right in front of my face, but I'm just not getting it.

Help!

Thank you

Pam Pam East
www.pameast.net
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote This seems like it should be dirt simple but somehow I'm just not seeing it. I've got a music track under a slide show. I just want the volume of the music part to be lower. The voice parts are fine. This seems like it should not be hard and is probably right in front of my face, but I'm just not getting it.

Help!

Thank you

Pam
If you have a separate music track, it would be as simple as lowering the volume on the music in the Audio Mixing Room (F9 ).

A screenshot of PD interface with slideshow in place would tell us more. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

pamenamel
Newbie Location: Alpharetta, GA Joined: Dec 15, 2014 18:51 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I think I got it. The problem I was having was I'd use the volume control like you said but it would only drag down one part of the track. It would just fade out and back in. I didn't have the whole track selected, just part of it. Selecting the whole track seems to be tricky. When I click on the track, sometimes the progress line hops there and then I get this problem with the audio editor wanting to reduce volume JUST in that spot.

Anyway, I think I've got it worked out now. Thank you for your help!

Pam Pam East
www.pameast.net
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I think I got it. The problem I was having was I'd use the volume control like you said but it would only drag down one part of the track. It would just fade out and back in. I didn't have the whole track selected, just part of it. Selecting the whole track seems to be tricky. When I click on the track, sometimes the progress line hops there and then I get this problem with the audio editor wanting to reduce volume JUST in that spot.

Anyway, I think I've got it worked out now. Thank you for your help!

Pam
The vertical slider works the way you describe it. You can put key frames at the beginning and end of the clip for the same level across the clip.

Or you can use the Horizontal slider for the whole track.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 25. 2017 15:46

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.