Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
RVInfo
Pryor [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 15, 2011 19:04 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
My system is running out of disk space on the main Windows disk due to RV****.tmp files stored in C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\RVInfo and utilizing several GB worth of space.

What is RVInfo? Why is RVInfo in a system directory that is excluded from the Manually Delete button to Manually Delete Temp Files? What activities cause PowerDirector to generate RV****.tmp files?

I tried to send this inquiry via technical support. Unfortunately, no matter which browser I use, I am met with an error message from support:

Error

Error Detail

This page can't be displayed by security issue.

Maybe your request have unfriendly content.

Contact support for additional information.

The incident ID is: 1795545382217

The session ID is: 8304878832354740743
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
RVinfo -- Real Video ?? Do you have that application installed?

When was the last time you did a malware check?

I have never seen any files likle that and have just now checked. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Pryor [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote RVinfo -- Real Video ?? Do you have that application installed?

When was the last time you did a malware check?

I have never seen any files likle that and have just now checked.

Nope, I do not have Real Video. Malware is also unlikely as this has occurred on several systems over the past year. It has occurred after a fresh Windows install and after Windows has been installed for several months. It usually seems to occur if I leave PowerDirector running overnight with a video file imported.

Also, I did not notice this happening until I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 on my systems. Are you running Windows 10?

I did a quick Google search on RVInfo and PowerDirector. While nothing definitive was found, an interesting hit for the RichVideo application that is a shared application with PowerDirector came up. Could these RV tmp files be created by RichVideo64.exe?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 23. 2017 14:12

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Did you ever try disabling the Cyberlink RichVideo in services? Since it helps make editing quicker and smoother, you may not want to do that.

Look at this thread.

I don't know why no one esle seems to have the issue in thaqt the tmp files are not being deleted. Have you tried CCleaner?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 23. 2017 15:09

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Pryor [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Did you ever try disabling the Cyberlink RichVideo in services? Since it helps make editing quicker and smoother, you may not want to do that.

Look at this thread.

I don't know why no one esle seems to have the issue in thaqt the tmp files are not being deleted. Have you tried CCleaner?

I'd prefer not to disable it. Upon further testing, it seems to generate the .tmp files when it does the scene detection within the timeline. That is a very useful feature to me.

And yes, I have tried CCleaner. CCleaner does not detect the directory in question. In fact, I can only navigate to the directory after confirming through the UAC that I really want to do so. The directory is owned by Administrators and my user profile has to request access to open it the first time.

It's possible no one else has the issue because no one else experiencing it has left PowerDirector open enough to limit disk space. Given that the directory location is well hidden, I doubt the average user is even aware it exists. I only found it because I noticed my Windows directory was a lot larger than it should have been, and even then, I didn't find the directory by using Windows tools. I found the directory by searching directory structure and directory sizes through Ubuntu.

I have confirmed that stopping the RichVideo64 service stops the RV tmp files from being generated. I still do not plan on using that as a solution, but at least it answers where the files come from. I have added to my backup batch file script a line to delete all files within the RVInfo directory periodically.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 24. 2017 07:24