Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Suggestion: Please bring Ultra HD Blu-ray support to other processors, motherboards etc.
daveydaver34 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: UK Joined: Jan 19, 2017 13:37 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

My current set up is capable of running video games in Ultra HD HDR using a fifth generation intel i7 and a Nvidia 10 series graphics card. The PC should therefore have no trouble running video at the same resolution. Unfortunately PowerDVD 17 currently requires a seventh generation intel processor. the very most recent range of intel processors, along with a motherboard capable of supporting the processor. Upgrading the processor alone wouldn't be quite so bad, but the motherbord would be a big job to replace as everything else in the computer is conected to it.

If possible, please can PowerDVD 17 be updated / upgraded to include support for other PC set ups capable of running Ultra HD HDR video to avoid seemingly unecessary hardware upgrades like these?
Jeff R 1 [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 09, 2010 14:05 Messages: 176 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

My current set up is capable of running video games in Ultra HD HDR using a fifth generation intel i7 and a Nvidia 10 series graphics card. The PC should therefore have no trouble running video at the same resolution. Unfortunately PowerDVD 17 currently requires a seventh generation intel processor. the very most recent range of intel processors, along with a motherboard capable of supporting the processor. Upgrading the processor alone wouldn't be quite so bad, but the motherbord would be a big job to replace as everything else in the computer is conected to it.

If possible, please can PowerDVD 17 be updated / upgraded to include support for other PC set ups capable of running Ultra HD HDR video to avoid seemingly unecessary hardware upgrades like these?

If it were up to Cyberlink, I'm sure they would, but it's Hollywood's DRM that dictates what Power DVD 17 is to use to play UHD Blu-ray's.

There are some drivers that may be in the works for NVIDIA, but I believe the requiremet for Kaby Lake and SGX path is still required for the MoBo.

I got tired of waiting and the cost to update an entire HTPC was more expensive then buying a stand-alone player.

Plus, the ones that have UHD running on a computer are having problems getting HDR to work _ amongst other things _ driver issues...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 19. 2017 14:13

[Post New]
Quote Hi,

I couldn't agree more. The demands are just TOO brutal.
Hicham_B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jun 09, 2015 04:02 Messages: 1347 Offline
[Post New]
Hi everyone,

Thank you for your suggestions. Indeed the requirements are not up to PowerDVD17. PowerDVD17 plays back what the hardware delivers. In the future other hardware could be supported.

Greetings
Hicham Technical support:
EN: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
DE: https://de.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
FR: https://fr.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
ES: https://es.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp