Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
program crash when by creating panorama /Programmabsturz bei Versuch ein Panoramabild zu erstellen
[Post New]
If I try to create a panorama programm always crash.

I Use Powerdirector 8 and all updates are done.

On both of my computers same problem

Here are my files:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0323yuv4517y5mc/AADTQixP1qhWVIOpvd5mV10Za?dl=0

pictures are in 4k. but there is subdirectory with pictures 1280x720 with same problem

You may answer in english oder in Deutsch

Thanks in Advance
[Post New]
Hello pinmanic,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum laughing

There's a very good reason PhD is crashing when you try to merge those photos into a panorama. You are asking PhD to join photos together that have no overlap. so it has no reference points. It is an impossible task.

Nice photos though!

If you look at the attached screenshot from PhD's Panorama, you'll see that each of the 9 photos overlaps the adjacent one. PhD is able to process the Merge because it has reference points in each photo.

To test, you can download this zip file of the 9 photos and try them in Panorama Merge. The photos have been downsized for ease.

PIX

This is Google's Dutch version:

Welkom op het PhotoDirector forum.

Er is een goede reden dat PhD crashen wanneer u deze foto's probeert samen te voegen in een panorama. Je vraagt PhD om samen foto's te maken die geen overlapping hebben. Dus het heeft geen referentiepunten. Het is een onmogelijke taak.

Mooie foto's al!

Als u kijkt naar de bijhorende screenshot van PhD's Panorama, zult u zien dat elk van de 9 foto's elkaar overlappt. PhD kan de samenvoeging verwerken omdat het referentiepunten in elke foto heeft.

Om te testen, kunt u dit zip-bestand van de 9 foto's downloaden en deze in Panorama Merge proberen. De foto's zijn gemarkeerd voor het gemak.
[Thumb - PhD_Pano Overlap.jpg]
 Filename
PhD_Pano Overlap.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1375 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
43 time(s)
PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
Please also see this image guide

PIX PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
Thanks a lot, but I Use Drone Mavic Pro with the Litchi App which gives me option to make automaticly pictures for panorama

With other even free software i can stitch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsbbCUL6xAM

It is a pitty, that I can not do it photo director in its last version
[Post New]
I'm sorry. Using the 5 recommended stitching applications in the Litchi Help file, not one was able to process a complete panorama.

Please understand that these are dedicated panorama stitching apps with much greater capability than PhD. e.g. PhD is equipped to process "Normal" panoramas (only), where the other apps can do a variety of types.

Using your 13 images, here are the results I got:

"Orphaned images" are those with no overlap &, therefore no control/reference points.

Of your images, DJI_0346... DJI_0351 were stitchable in most software but the rest were "orphaned". I would try increasing the number pf images per row in the Litchi app.

PIX PIX YouTube channel