Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can you help me ratio problem please?
[Post New]
I'm trying to do a video on my laptop using cyberlink Power Director 13.* It went onto the time line ok, until it asked me to
change the ratio*from 16.1 to 4.3 the programme also crashed (as usuel) so I had to open it up again.

Now the timeline has seemed to squish together so that I can't see properly to put in transitions etc.*

Can you tell me how to sort this out please? All women can do great things.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm trying to do a video on my laptop using cyberlink Power Director 13.* It went onto the time line ok, until it asked me to
change the ratio*from 16.1 to 4.3 the programme also crashed (as usuel) so I had to open it up again.

Now the timeline has seemed to squish together so that I can't see properly to put in transitions etc.*

Can you tell me how to sort this out please?
I can only guess what your mean by "Squish". If you mean that the timeline is just displaying a small object at the beginning of the timeline, you can right click on the time marks > View Entire Movie.

That will expand the objects to fill the timeline.

You can change the aspect ratio on top of the PowerDirector user interface, click on the rectangle next to the Gear (preferences). You can then click on 4:3 or 16:9.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 14. 2017 12:43

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
You can also left-click and drag on the timeline makers to zoom the timeline to any desired size, or use the zoom slider at the bottom left of the screen.

Most users find it useful to zoom the timeline when inserting transitions etc. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64