Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD7 File Broken
Lawrence [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 30, 2008 15:22 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I opened and saved the pds file by mistake using a text editor. And when I came back to open the pds file using PD7 I got File Broken message. Any Help?

Thanks,
Law
[Post New]
Uh oh. This doesn't sound good. The broken file message that you're seeing is probably due to changing something in the pds file when you opened it and saved it with your text editor.

Since we don't know what you changed, this is going to be difficult to figure out. But let's assume that whatever you did happened at the beginning of the the pds text file. This is where your cursor would naturally land on.

In the first few lines a healthy pds file would look like this:

Content-Type: multipart/related
--- partseparator
Content-Type: text/AEFF
Content-ID: movie-layout
--- separator

You might have added or deleted a line or character when you opened the file. If the beginning of your file differs a lot from this example, the pds file is probably corrupted beyond repair.

I tend to like to open files with notepad just to see what's in them out of curiosity, but I never save the file, but you already know that now.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 07. 2009 21:36