Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
CyberLink Cleaner for PowerDirector 15
Jirka.Bolech
Senior Member Location: Liberec, Czech Republic Joined: Aug 16, 2014 06:03 Messages: 158 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there,

I edited videos in PowerDirector 15 last night; no problems. I want to open PowerDirector this morning and it won't work. It freezes on loading the user interface. It doesn't finish loading the sample media files after reinstallation. I am a fairly advanced comuter user but I don't want to mention all the (useless) details of my attempts to resurrect the application. Only one more thing: The older versions of PowerDirector that I have still installed show very similar behaviour except the two oldest, 9 and 10.

CyberLink Support hasn't been helpful and I am rather sceptical about this possibility.

Anyway, what I mainly want to ask:

Is there Cyberlink Cleaner for PowerDirector 15? I have CLCleaner2-PowerDirector_10.0.exe on my computer that I recall once helping me solve some issues, probably of a similar nature.

Is someone aware of any alternative ways of cleaning PowerDirector residues in Windows registry, perhaps even manually (using regedit)? (I've used CCleaner's Registry Cleaner.)

Perhaps one subquestion: do you know how to add a new message to an open support ticket with CyberLink without opening a new ticket?

Any provided inspiration appreciated…