Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Strange problem with capture using PD 7
jaschlicht1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 10, 2008 13:15 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
I am having a very strange issue going on with PD version 7. I have had this software for a few months. Initially, I couldn't capture using my Video8 Sony TRV 240 (8MM) camcorder, but I could with my Sony MiniDV camcorder. The software would recognize the digital8 camcorder just fine when I plugged it in, but when I hit play, it would play for maybe 3 or 4 seconds and then shut off. I then started using windows movie maker for capture and then I would import them into PD 7. I then started having problems with burning so I removed the software and re-installed. I was then able to capture my video using PD 7 just fine. I still had issues with burning, so I slicked the hardrive and started from scratch. I am now able to burn a dvd from the videos I already had saved, but now I'm having the issue once again about not being able to capture using PD7. The Mini DV camcorder can still capture just fine, it's just my 8mm Digital 8 camcorder (Sony TRV 240). Any ideas on what's going on? I guess the next thing to try is to remove the software and try re-installing once again, but I'm trying to understand what's going on. I'm assuming it might be a simple setup within the software. ????
jaschlicht1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 10, 2008 13:15 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
Ok, I figured it out on my own. I remembered going into preferences and turned off DV auto stop. It now works fine. turned off stop scanning and capturing when theres a long blank or interval on the tape. Thanks!