Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Should PowerDirector 15 work with Pinnacle 510-USB Capture Device?
MrMark [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Richmond, TX Joined: Nov 26, 2016 11:36 Messages: 39 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,

The device shows up under "capture from a webcam", but I'm not seeing any video in the preview window. Should this work? If so, what could I be doing wrong? If not, is there an official list of compatible capture devices?

Thanks,
-Mark --
-Mark
Cable Solutions

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi all,

The device shows up under "capture from a webcam", but I'm not seeing any video in the preview window. Should this work? If so, what could I be doing wrong? If not, is there an official list of compatible capture devices?

Thanks,
-Mark
Powerdirector will work with any capture device that has the correct Windows Driver for the device.

If you have a Windows software disk/driver for your Pinnacle 510 capture, it should work. It is supposed to show in 'Capture from a TV signal'.

If not, you can use the software provided with the device to record a video, then Import that video into Powerdirector for editing. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
That is a 10 year old device. Last drivers for it were 5 years for win 7. The original am cap software supplied on the disc worked well with it on win 7. As with any software you need to make the correct settings for it to work. Example : set the ntsc or pal, etc. depending on where you live.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 26. 2017 12:07

MrMark [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi all,Powerdirector will work with any capture device that has the correct Windows Driver for the device.

If you have a Windows software disk/driver for your Pinnacle 510 capture, it should work. It is supposed to show in 'Capture from a TV signal'.

If not, you can use the software provided with the device to record a video, then Import that video into Powerdirector for editing.

Thanks for the reply. I suppose that "correct Windows Driver" is a relative concept. I was hoping to avoid cluttering up my SSD with software that I don't want to use, but just to make some sense of it all, I went ahead and installed Pinnacle Studio. So I have the correct driver, in that it works fine in Pinnacle Studio, but in PowerDirector 15, it shows up only as a webcam. And it doesnt work.

I would like to be able to work in PowerDirector for everything, so this brings me back around to the other questiion, which is, what capture devices are actually known to work in PowerDirector 15?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 26. 2017 14:32

--
-Mark
Cable Solutions

MrMark [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote That is a 10 year old device. Last drivers for it were 5 years for win 7. The original am cap software supplied on the disc worked well with it on win 7. As with any software you need to make the correct settings for it to work. Example : set the ntsc or pal, etc. depending on where you live.

I've had the Pinnacle Movie Box for about 5 years. I'm running Windows 7, so Windows 7 drivers are perfect for me. But the point is that I wanted to know if PowerDirector 15 supported that capture device. At this point it is clear that while it works fine with Pinnacle Studio, it does not work with PowerDirector.

The bundled software offers very few capture options, which is one of the reasons that I would like to be able to use PowerDirector. But just in case anyone else is searching for the same answer I was, the answer is "no, PowerDirector 15 does not support the Pinnacle 510-USB".

And that reality brings me back around to the second part of my original question - what currently-available devices are known to work with PowerDirector 15?

-Mark --
-Mark
Cable Solutions