Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video is playing too fast in Power Director 13
Malissa123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 06, 2011 14:01 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
My video is playing at a faster rate than it should be from the media library and the timeline. These videos play fine from the source files through GOM player and I've never had any problem with them in Power Director 13 before today. I have attached a picture of my settings based on previous suggestions on a different thread. Anyone with any other suggestions please let me know.
[Thumb - settings.png]
 Filename
settings.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
83 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
46 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 27. 2017 09:25

vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Not sure I've ever heard of this issue. Particularly when the files play too fast in both the media library and the timeline, as I think there are 2 different player processes.

How do they play in other media players like VLC, MPHC or WMP (whichever version you might have)?

If they play fine in those extenal player then the issue does seem to be with PD. If that's the case unless anyone else chips in, you can open a ticket in support and see if they can bottom it.

Cheers

Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Malissa123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 06, 2011 14:01 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I just ended up upgrading to 15 because I did open a support ticket and all they did was suggest the same thing that I did, checking the preview settings (as well as making sure my video card was updated). The videos do play fine in other players. I basically just left this up in case someone else suddenly had this issue. I just needed to get a project done quickly.

Thanks for the response!
The B Lab [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 13, 2017 02:44 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I edited a series of short videos with PD15 and the result plays back too fast - during editing, and after rendering - by say 5% at a guess. Power director also tends to be a little pixelated, in the end result. Where in the software can the playback be set back to standard speed? Is it confused if footage contains a mix of 48 fps, and 50 fps?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 12. 2018 00:13

websiteee [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 27, 2017 08:22 Messages: 72 Offline
[Post New]
Video play rate must be in fast mode, adjust the speed by going to playback option.