Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
.pds files import as produced .mp4
Peter Podder
Member Location: Long Island, N.Y. Joined: Dec 03, 2016 16:13 Messages: 116 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all,

My last project was produced with no problems so I thought.

I have a produced .mp4 file and also the .pds I would like to import .pds, make some changes, then re produce. However, when I import the .pds file it appears in the library and timeline as the produced .mp4 file. Nothing appears as it should on associated tracks etc. Just the fully produced project.

I see both the .pds and .mp4 in my folder where project was saved but both import the same way as a produced project.

Is there a setting that I may have inadvertantly changed ? Is there a way to get my project back to the un produced condition with effects, clips, etc ?

I have never encountered this before.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Scott ____________________________________

Dell Precision M4700 i7-3840QM 2.80 GHz
16gb ram , NVIDIA Quadro K2000M GPU
Samsung 850 EVO 1tb SSD , 500 gb HDD ,

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello all,

My last project was produced with no problems so I thought.

I have a produced .mp4 file and also the .pds I would like to import .pds, make some changes, then re produce. However, when I import the .pds file it appears in the library and timeline as the produced .mp4 file. Nothing appears as it should on associated tracks etc. Just the fully produced project.

I see both the .pds and .mp4 in my folder where project was saved but both import the same way as a produced project.

Is there a setting that I may have inadvertantly changed ? Is there a way to get my project back to the un produced condition with effects, clips, etc ?

I have never encountered this before.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Scott
If you saved the pds file as it was when you produced the MP4, you may not have the original project.

You can look in the Auto save folder and maybe find the previous Project file. Auto Saved project files are deleted every 30 days by default.

Default Location of auto save:

PowerDirector 15 Live/perpetual

It is a Hidden location. Change your Folder Options to show Hidden folders and files

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\15.0\Cache\AutoSave

You can change the location of the auto save to a folder of your choosing. It would make it easier to find the Auto Save folder. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

GGRussell [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jan 08, 2012 11:38 Messages: 709 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have a produced .mp4 file and also the .pds I would like to import .pds, make some changes, then re produce.
Any reason why you are 'importing' the .pds instead of just opening it? Intel i7 4770k, 16GB, GTX1060 3GB, Two 240GB SSD, 4TB HD, Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder, Sony SLT-A65VK for still images, Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Gary Russell -- TN USA
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Good catch GGRussell !!
Peter Podder
Member Location: Long Island, N.Y. Joined: Dec 03, 2016 16:13 Messages: 116 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks guys,

Probably used the wrong terminology. I was opening the .pds from its location on my drive, not importing. I do know the difference just phrased it incorrectly. I also did look to where the auto back up is supposed to be but folder was empty. I will again try with what was suggested to unhide files/folders. FOUND THEM ! and will create new folder for easier locating.

So...to prevent this should I :

1) Edit project

2) Save project as : xxxx

3) Produce

It seems that I have flipped 2 and 3 . Is that correct ?

Thanks again

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 23. 2017 12:45

Dell Precision M4700 i7-3840QM 2.80 GHz
16gb ram , NVIDIA Quadro K2000M GPU
Samsung 850 EVO 1tb SSD , 500 gb HDD ,