Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Removing Power Director Watermark
David-Livermore [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 10, 2017 11:11 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
I downloaded the trial version of PD and created a video, which contained the PD watermark on the opening frame, as expected.

I then purchased & installed the paid version, and expected the watermark to disappear, but it did not. I have attached a screen shot that shows the watermark.

I hope I don't need to re-create the video under the paid version to lose the watermark?

Thanks in advance for the help.

David
[Thumb - watermark.jpg]
 Filename
watermark.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
16 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1125 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You can remove that watermark. Scroll down to the title track and remove that title in the paid version. See this post if you have problems: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/31689.page#post_box_173695 .

Let us know if this helps...
David-Livermore [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You can remove that watermark. Scroll down to the title track and remove that title in the paid version. See this post if you have problems: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/31689.page#post_box_173695 .

Hi Tomasc - Thanks for the reply. I don't see the title in the title track. I've attached a screen shot of what I see. Am I missing something?

Regards,
David
[Thumb - screen-print.jpg]
 Filename
screen-print.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
129 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
222 time(s)
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote You can remove that watermark. Scroll down to the title track and remove that title in the paid version. See this post if you have problems: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/31689.page#post_box_173695 .

Hi Tomasc - Thanks for the reply. I don't see the title in the title track. I've attached a screen shot of what I see. Am I missing something?

Regards,
David

If I have read the link posted by tomasc correctly there is another title track somewhere below your music track. If it is there just scroll down to it and delete the text. Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
David-Livermore [Avatar]
[Post New]

Regards,
David

If I have read the link posted by tomasc correctly there is another title track somewhere below your music track. If it is there just scroll down to it and delete the text.

Panny - The music track is the last one that I see - no tracks below it. Do I need to "unhide" the other title track that you're referring to?

Thanks,
David
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]

Regards,
David

If I have read the link posted by tomasc correctly there is another title track somewhere below your music track. If it is there just scroll down to it and delete the text.

Panny - The music track is the last one that I see - no tracks below it. Do I need to "unhide" the other title track that you're referring to?

Thanks,
David

Are you sure you don't have scroll bar on the right of the tracks allowing you to go down further.

Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
David-Livermore [Avatar]
[Post New]

Regards,
David

Thanks,
David

Are you sure you don't have scroll bar on the right of the tracks allowing you to go down further.

Robert

Hi Robert - Absolutely, I've scrolled all the way to the bottom, per the attached screen print.

Thanks,
David
[Thumb - screen-print.jpg]
 Filename
screen-print.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
175 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
99 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
There may have been changes since a few years ago on what track the watermark is at. Try this: Click the Track 1 enable box in the track manager and then Right mouse click and select Enable selected tracks only. Now enable only the other tracks that you want. This should work.

You may need to contact Cyberlink services if the above don’t work. It may also be that although you are using the paid version, the trial version is still installed and it affects it.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Recent versions of PD trials don't use a "Title" in the timeline to add the text anymore, when you bring the trial saved pds file into the purchased version and "Produce" the statement is just absent. There is nothing to look for in any track in the timeline. This has been the case for PD14 and PD15 trails for sure (previously mentioned here, http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45898.page#post_box_237290 ). PD12 still used the older titles approach which was the prior referenced links.

You might try a full uninstall with a cleanup utitlity to remove PD and then start install from stratch. If by chance you are using some trial produced clip in the timeline, only approach is to cut feature out. Does the same issue exist with a new project created in your purchased full product?

Jeff
David-Livermore [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Recent versions of PD trials don't use a "Title" in the timeline to add the text anymore, when you bring the trial saved pds file into the purchased version and "Produce" the statement is just absent. There is nothing to look for in any track in the timeline. This has been the case for PD14 and PD15 trails for sure (previously mentioned here, http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45898.page#post_box_237290 ). PD12 still used the older titles approach which was the prior referenced links.

You might try a full uninstall with a cleanup utitlity to remove PD and then start install from stratch. If by chance you are using some trial produced clip in the timeline, only approach is to cut feature out. Does the same issue exist with a new project created in your purchased full product?

Jeff

Problem solved. I submitted a support ticket to Cyberlink, and was advised to do the following:

• Add a ~10 second clip to the start of the video

• Produce the video (to "transfer" the watermark to the new clip)

• Delete the clip

• Produce the video again.

All good now. Thanks to all for your suggestions.
David