Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cool effect
Peter Podder
Member Location: Long Island, N.Y. Joined: Dec 03, 2016 16:13 Messages: 116 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Please tell me this effect can be done with PD 15.

Would love to do it with me on a easy chair or something where I cant get hurt

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ83K-mhtBn/ ____________________________________

Dell Precision M4700 i7-3840QM 2.80 GHz
16gb ram , NVIDIA Quadro K2000M GPU
Samsung 850 EVO 1tb SSD , 500 gb HDD ,

[Post New]
Quote Hello,

Please tell me this effect can be done with PD 15.

Would love to do it with me on a easy chair or something where I cant get hurt

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ83K-mhtBn/

Here's what I'd do:

1. Shoot a time lapse of the sky with clouds moving toward you. Be sure the horizon is low enough to be hidden by your cityscape graphics. This goes on track 1.

2. Shoot the road on a dolly. A wheelchair works as does a wagon with smoother pneumatic tires low on air. This goes on track 2 but be warned that you may have to move, enlarge or rotate it. You also have to crop the top of that video frame off so that it does not obstruct the sky footage. There is a New Blue effect that does this. I forget the name but it ends in, "...by shape."

3. Get a picture of your cityscape. In a paint program, make the transparent areas where the sky and road show through. This goes on track 3. Enlarge and position if necessary.

4. Now get a shot of you and your couch against a green screen (if you want it to be looped video) or just get a still shot and in a paint program put green all around you and the couch. Put this on track 4 and use chroma key. Reposition as necessary.

Now to loop the videos? To loop the road and the sky, go to the middle of each clip and split each one. Now swap the halves so that the second one comes first on the timeline. Finally, drag one into the other to create about a 1 second cross dissolve. Because the beginning and end of each swapped up clip used to be together, the loop will work.

Now make sure all tracks are the same length, produce the project to a video file, and use any method you like to play back a loop (like a tool that creates animated .gif files from video).

If you use video of yourselof against a green screen (waving or whatever, you can loop it the same way as the road and sky.

Len
Peter Podder
Member Location: Long Island, N.Y. Joined: Dec 03, 2016 16:13 Messages: 116 Offline
[Post New]
Len,

Sorry I didnt get back to you to thank you for your detailed tips. I have been away and not checking the forum.

Thank You !

However what you detailed is a few yards over my head at the moment as I am still a novice. Once I get up to speed I will certainly give this a try. Its my fault for thinking an effect like that would be within my capability. I also found out that it was created with a image motion app but that would be cheating. It will be much more satiffying when I can create it from scratch as you described.

Again thank you, and I will be reffering back to this when the time comes.

Regards,

Scott

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 02. 2017 02:08

Dell Precision M4700 i7-3840QM 2.80 GHz
16gb ram , NVIDIA Quadro K2000M GPU
Samsung 850 EVO 1tb SSD , 500 gb HDD ,

[Post New]
Thanks for the detailed directions. It's not over my head and I am going to be trying it soon!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 02. 2017 19:39

W10 on Dell Desktop, 64 bit, 32GB RAM, Intel(R)Core(TM) I5- 3350P CPU, 3.10 Ghz, 1 TB HD, free space - 200 GB